I was hoping to try and get out on Tuesday for the yearly shakedown and to harass some browns. Likes like a pretty good blow from the south at 20-30. Question for ya’ll... Would I regret going out in this or will it not be too bad only a few hundreds yards off shore? I am hoping we’ll be fairly well insulated by land. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

Gave it a whirl today. Baits wet by 0730. Nice pockets of muddy and off colored water west of port. Also a couple good 2 degree temp breaks but only managed one dink. Worked 8-12 fow. Slid out and played with the lakers. Went 3/6 with two real clean healthy looking 15 pounders. Maybe next time. Tight lines...

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was out yesterday for about 5hrs, slowwwww day 1/1, marked about 4 fish. Started about a mile west, trolled all the way to the plant. Decided to call quits around 6, reeling in copper and rigger fires, allmost dropped rod in water...lol. 180 FOW 75 down...hope u have better luck!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Grind !

In to 90 out to 150, north troll south troll north troll south troll......picked away at em. A few misses, and a few in the box. Screen was blank except a few marks here and there. All spoon bite so ended up pulling FF and meat and went with what was catching. Blue jeans was the hot spoon tonight. Biggest was high teens. Fish were all over but 80 rigger fired the most. Most bites came on a turn, although the troll was mostly turns.

• Like 2

Very slow this year. Even Bob at the oak charter Captain says it's slow there. I hope it picks up.

Where are all the fish in Olcott??? We caught a 12 lb laker at 300ft on 400 copper @ 0700am then only 1 bite out near 425ft since then of course it got off!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 3:05 PM, garrymny said:

Very slow this year. Even Bob at the oak charter Captain says it's slow there. I hope it picks up.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Slow indeed, had a little luck late May/early June but past few weeks, ugh.  Plus steering cable snapped(on OMC Stringer!)...fun wow.