There is some info on tuning meat rigs online.

No expert here but i found the size and shape of the flasher impacted the movement of the meat and fish catching.

I started with minion fly and just got some more.

Don’t forget the cost of meat and sometimes its hard to find.

IMG_0439.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don't be afraid to run small flashers.I run bait all year no big flashers till later in the year. You can run bait heads clean no flasher 6 ft + leader lots of options. Don't be afraid to think outside the box. You can't go wrong with A-tom-mik. Minion rig also very good

[/img]20190225_111107.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Don't be afraid to run small flashers.I run bait all year no big flashers till later in the year. You can run bait heads clean no flasher 6 ft + leader lots of options. Don't be afraid to think outside the box. You can't go wrong with A-tom-mik. Minion rig also very good

[/img]20190225_111107.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Make The Turn Charters (Capt. Lucas Falkner) turned me on to Kischel's scent.  There's been days when artificial bait in the meat heads works better and it has to have the Kischel's on it.  I put the Kischels directly into the bait head before toothpicking the bait in place exactly as Captain Lucas taught me.  That stuff has turned otherwise unproductive days into awesome days.

Mid day, high sun means dropping a side downrigger deeeeeeep (over 100 foot down) with the artificial meat  MC Rocket in glow inside a Minion Carbon 14 meat rig with a large Minion Glow white paddle.  Don't forget the Kischels.  This combo has taken some big shouldered kings for the Bullseye!  These kings couldn't resist the Minion combo listed above.  One last thing!  Forget the temperature down there deep, there are monsters that lurk in the ice water down below the smaller fish up higher.  I don't even bother looking at the temp when dropping that Minion down into the darkness.  They just fire all the time.

6 9 18 seth with a nice king.jpg

6 29 18 john pundt.jpg

8 13 18 2.jpg

8 12 17 charter 4.JPG

Edited by henrybud
Forgot to add temp

16 hours ago, hookedupf7 said:

Look nice but pricey. Gotta pay to play I guess 😄😄

You think the meat rigs are pricey... wait until you start buying the meat strips to run in them!  I have some MC rockets and have caught fish on them, but Id say real meat easily out catches the rockets.

• Like 1

Anyone tried the cured meat that the guy from Canada is selling?
I just received my order from him on Saturday. First time I ordered . Everything was as described . Sizes were large fillets and the glow did glow like in his YouTube vid.
Fast service to ,cant wait to give them a try.

"The big one cut bait co."

Stocking up before season starts and gets hard to find

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1