Depthfinders

Looking for a new Depthfinder.  Have always had Lowrance.  West Marine has Garmin echoMAP Plus 94sv

for sale.  Can anyone give me some information on this unit? They also have Lowrance Hook, Raymarine and

other Garmin units for sale.  Any information on depthfinders will be helpful.  I have a 16' StarCraft and fish both

Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.

Thanks,

Steeleman

I just got a 73sv Echomap in the mail. No input on usage, but what I chose after all my research/price analysis. I was able to get last years model for 475$ so couldnt pass that up. The big difference between this years and last years is the transducer. The newer transducers have a single dedicated down element for down imaging and the older transducers have two elements that combine to form the image. Relative to my style of fishing, rather shallow, trolling-i will not be able to notice any effect between the two.

The 94sv is preloaded with coastal maps and comes with a gt51 transducer if bundled.  The 93sv is preloaded with lake maps and comes with a gt52 transducer if bundled.  After many, many years of using an older Lowrance model, I just finished installing a 93sv on my 16' boat.  Really like the simple operation and touch-screen, just waiting to test it out.

Reach out to Lisa at Ultimate Passages. I ordered my a 93SV a few days ago and received it yesterday.  If you purchase before the end of the month- it appears you're eligible for a $100 rebate through Garmin as well. [email protected].  You have to register the purchase, serial#, etc by March 31st, then mail them some info by May 1st to get the rebate.  Lisa may be able to work with you on shipping and you may save on tax as well. Mine is :

GARMIN ECHOMAP PLUS 93SV US LAKEVU HD G3 W/ GT52 TM DUCER -NEW FOR 2019

Good luck.

Thanks Traveling Circus for the jigging confirmation, appreciated!  I've been playing with the simulator quite a bit this week and can't wait to test it out, looks great.

***Regarding the rebate - According to Garmin, you need to purchase a separate LakeVu g3 Ultra card to receive the $100 rebate.  Details are on the rebate form:  http://d35xfqiklvsi7s.cloudfront.net/rebates/75571.pdf       (I was curious too since the unit came preloaded with maps, called Garmin to confirm this.)

Edited by Copperliner