Best fish of 08

Play Penn

Looking out the window at the snow I reflected on the most cherished fish of 2008, here they are.

My best brown ever, salmon river in October.

2008_0917Image0008.jpg

My nephew Josh with his first Salmon River salmon, showing the fly/noodle rodders how it's done. He's hooked!

2008_0917Image0011.jpg

My Dad with his first Salmon over 20 lbs. It used to be me as a kid having trouble lifting the fish for the photo, took me 40 years to return the favor.

DSCF0590.jpg

My new best fishing buddy and neighbor Jack holding a nice Cayuga laker his brother Marky landed by himself. We caught five fish that afternoon in October, including a double the boys handled like pros. It was the last trip of the season. Marky, the 6 year old doing the cowabunga, lost his battle with cancer on November 11th.

2008_0917Image0014.jpg

It was Jack's and my passion for fishing that brought our families together. As we go into the holidays, remember, fishing is not about the fish. Looking forward to Spring already.

As Rod, mentioned thanks for sharing the pics. Especially the ones with the kids. Sorry to read about Marky. Anytime I read about someone losing the battle with cancer it hits pretty close. Lost a best friend not to many years ago due to it. I'm sure he enjoyed the day you showed him. Again, thanks for the pics.

08 was Great! Can't wait to see what 09 has in store ?

Tuff to pick, but here are a few highlights:

Justin and Zane with a partial days catch In May

BARTRIP006_EDITED.jpg

Our day one first place box at the Sodus Pro Am. To bad the no culling rules made us keep the lil steelie on the end :(

Rayinsodus.jpg

Our third place box at the Oswego Pre-fish tourney. The middle king was also our best king of 08.

29lb7ozking.jpg

Second place finish In the Sodus Pro Am was a high point!! Sure would have been nice to hold onto that first....maybe next year.

Sodus2nd.jpg

Big brown of the year

sodusbigbrown.jpg

Our big "youth" king of the year on my buddy Jeff's boat. Matt (Jeff's son) caught this one In Point Breeze.

mattsbigking_edited.jpg