ph out of whack

salmonite

I will be liming my food plots due to ph out of balance, now I can pick up pellet lime but its 3.50 a bag and I need a couple tons so it will get quite costly. I am told powdered lime is really cheap but you need a special lime spreader. Anyone out there using powdered lime? If so what are you using to spread it?

also looking for a three point 5-6ft disc if anyone has one!

Salmonite, go to the Deer Gro web site and look at there products one is called plot start you mix it with water and  spray it on to adjust the PH the web site will give you all the info. trying them for the first time my self. There is a company on cregs list Buffalo under farm equipment that sells liquid calcium to adjust the PH also. and right now tractor supply has pelletized lime for 3 for $9.00. hope this helps

Norm, please respond (if you remember) when you see some results this year. I shouldn’t have said bad reviews but mixed reviews.

Here is a thread from archerytalk that I found useful

I think I may try a couple different combos and see what works the best

https://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=2466867#/topics/2466867?page=2

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

You will go broke using pellet to get your ph were it needs to be find someone that has a agg lime spreader and go get bulk lime by the ton i borrow one from the amish it works great and is way cheaper to buy .

I go into my plots in winter when frozen tow spreader in with tractor due to would not be able to get in without getting stuck any other time of year . I really enjoy doing my food plots but are alot of work and are not cheap and are way better for the local deer heard then a bag of corn placed during hunting . Good luck !

Hey Scott, are you trying to lime green bay or your new place? Some like places like kirsch's have smaller spreaders for use by small tractors and may let you use it for free if you buy a certain amount of lime.
If you get ag lime I would go with 3 tons per acre, that's the max recommended at one time. It'll take 6 months to incorporate into the soil for the test to show.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app