30 point buck

goin deep

This buck was taken by a 14 year old Amish boy near Dalton WI . He used a hand made long bow and made the killing shot by stalking the huge buck using corn shocks for cover. The boy's family would not allow him to pose with the trophy animal for pictures so a nearby neighbor, Willie Flacid posed and is also acting as spokesman for the Amish boy.

According to Flacid, the Amish family has already received several offers from outdoor sporting companies to purchase the trophy. No dollar amount has been announced yet, but according to Flacid, 'the amount of money being offered is enough that no one would ever be hard up again.'

Pq1NUHk0.jpg

aV1AnM_J.jpg

Freak of nature! Thanks for posting the photos. There were a bunch of guys talking about it in the hockey locker room last night. First thing I said was, I wonder how long before Cabellas offers a few $k! There's a new Bass Pro in Toledo Ohio that has a 20 something point that was found along a railroad stuck in a fence as I recall, and that was really impressive to see.

Whats sad, is that this kid will be a legend, and he'll never know...

What is really impressive, beside the buck itself, is that young man used a primative weapon, stalked the buck on his turf, and it was probably harvested on the family farm not some intensly managed private preserve. Congrats to him and his family!!!

He gives hope to all us regular people again.

Jeff

How many websites is this gonna be on ?

How do you spell Hoax ?

I think the Amish boy had cancer, no wait , his whole family had cancer, but their beliefs wouldn't allow them to sell the (pen raised) animal to offset the medical expenses associated with the heart/lung transplant.

To quote John Stossel of ABC's 20/20- "gimme a break"

Rusty

Yeah,I looked at it. I guess I'm just skeptical of reports like this circulating on the internet. I can't tell you how many emails I've recieved about this same "picture/story" only each time its a little different. Ohio, Virginia, Amish, Mormans, road kill, found by a farmer.... Like the one with he pix of the cougar following the mule deer buck. How many times have people seen that posted as " a cousin of a friend of my neighbor's got this picture on his camera near ???? county. I guess the rumors of mountain lions is over....."

Like the college professors always say, - cite your sources. This one seems to be pretty vague, even though it is on a decent looking blog.

Rusty

Rusty, I get where you were coming from now. The email stories have changed but the owner of the website that hosted the blog even furnished a link(although now outdated) to the Ohio DNR. Seems pretty legit and I know I saw this deer in a major publication in 06' or 07'. I agree about the citing the sources comment. I actually have a Bachelors degree in wildlife management. I did the research on this one and think it is legit. Time out...Willie Flacid..ha ha ha.. we all get it, bottom line is that this deer was shot and a major publication featured it... my point was that the part that mentioned Willie Flacid was false.. :roll: Tank

Just an FYI..found this deer on the official Boone and Crockett website and it was officially entered into record for 06'. Shot by an amish boy with a crossbow, in Ohio. Tank