Mexico Launch

This freaking weather just won’t give up. I can’t take much more. I have organized my spoon box 3 different times [emoji2957][emoji2957]
On the plus side you have your boat back! I thought your outlook was grim originally. Glad i was wrong. Im with you though. I spent all winter rigging a new boat and of course obsessing over it. Now is just a waiting game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fat trout actually not yet. It sits at dealer ready for me. I have been waiting for weather to break. I am heading there Saturday hopefully to get it. I was doubting it was going to happen. It took a lot of prying and threatening. They probably think I’m a real a hole. But it worked 👍👍

anyone been up here recently? Thinking about taking a vacation day and heading up Friday.
Yeah so i found this posted yesterday....view from selkirk of an ice field. Combine that with the satellite image posted on here the other day and i might call it dicey. South shore might be open if enough south wind is going but i would be careful about running at any speed. I planned to go end of this week and bailed (unfortunately)IMG_20190326_223425.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Fat Trout said:

Yeah so i found this posted yesterday....view from selkirk of an ice field. Combine that with the satellite image posted on here the other day and i might call it dicey. South shore might be open if enough south wind is going but i would be careful about running at any speed. I planned to go end of this week and bailed (unfortunately)IMG_20190326_223425.jpeg

Wow that's interesting. I have been checking the Oswego webcam and it looks clear as far as you can see... Above freezing for the lows the next 3 days days with some rain tomorrow I figured Friday should be good to go. Maybe I'll have to plan on heading to oswego instead of Mexico?

https://www.webcams.travel/webcam/fullscreen/1481916874

Edited by FishingFool34

Wow that's interesting. I have been checking the Oswego webcam and it looks clear as far as you can see... Above freezing for the lows the next 3 days days with some rain tomorrow I figured Friday should be good to go. Maybe I'll have to plan on heading to oswego instead of Mexico?

https://www.webcams.travel/webcam/fullscreen/1481916874
Agreed i was thinking the same and right by Mexico may be ok but selkirk is real close. See that new sat photo posted....it correlates with that photo. Any NE wind and it might shift. Id go to oswego just to be on the safe side

While my son was swimming at Mexico HS, I drove down to the Mexico point launch. It was all clear of ice as of Thursday night. The lake outside the river was all clear too. There were small chunks of ice floating around, but nothing major. Floating docs were not in yet, FYI.