New Fish Finder Recommendations

I have an 18 ft Lund based out of Cape Vincent. Spend time bass and walleye fishing but also make a number of runs each season out past Galloo to the shipping lanes to chase the king's. Fish finder is about 7 yrs old and am looking to upgrade. Any recommendations on brand, transducer, frequency, etc that would be a good well rounded option? Have room for about 9 inch screen size.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have ran my share of units and i will say you cant go wrong with a raymarine dragonfly 7 pro  for around 400 bucks .I think i found the best deal from the gps store just make sure you get it with the right nav card .

2 hours ago, hard knox said:

Funny i have had nothing but trouble with my helix and less then great customer service by humminbird !

What kind of issues?

I've only had to deal with them twice over the years, and have nothing but good to say about their customer service. I've read on other message boards that people have had positive experiences as well. 

What kind of issues?

I've only had to deal with them twice over the years, and have nothing but good to say about their customer service. I've read on other message boards that people have had positive experiences as well. 
Yep same here. Love my 9 & 10

Silverfoxcharters.net

Funny i have had nothing but trouble with my helix and less then great customer service by humminbird !
I kind of feel your pain. I have gone from readings like these, to my unit refusing to find bottom. There is another firmware update out that I am anxious to try. I am a pretty technical guy, but sometimes find my Helix frustrating. 20180608_141127.jpeg20180608_135200.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

10 hours ago, TrophySeeker said:

I kind of feel your pain. I have gone from readings like these, to my unit refusing to find bottom. There is another firmware update out that I am anxious to try. I am a pretty technical guy, but sometimes find my Helix frustrating. 20180608_141127.jpeg20180608_135200.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Great images!

Had problems with moisture in unit sent it back only to have hummingbird send me a unit that would not power up . When called them back they would not send another unit until they received 2nd faulty unit back so i had to buy a 2nd unit and return there faulty unit for credit . Also requested if they could save my way points out of the first failed unit and transfer into new unit but that never happened so i lost a season worth of info .

17 minutes ago, hard knox said:

Had problems with moisture in unit sent it back only to have hummingbird send me a unit that would not power up . When called them back they would not send another unit until they received 2nd faulty unit back so i had to buy a 2nd unit and return there faulty unit for credit . Also requested if they could save my way points out of the first failed unit and transfer into new unit but that never happened so i lost a season worth of info .

Certainly not a great experience there. How's the unit now?

I love my Raymarine units. I liked them so much I bought the Raymarine autopilot. I had a humminbird before these and it was nice for what it was. One thing I don't like about the new bird units is the glare from the screen. I'm hardly ever sitting right in from of it so if I can't view it from other angles it useless to me. The older models had better viewing angles with less glare.