POLL - 3 rods

LongLine

Should salmon trollers on the open waters of Big-O be allowed 3 rods each?  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Should salmon trollers on the open waters of Big-O be allowed 3 rods each?

• NO
    • YES

HB wrote

Sometimes the laws are in place because some lack common sence

Current NYS law doesn’t limit number of rods. It says 2 lines per angler. That means that while you’re fishing your stream or embayment, someone can toss two trot lines out there, tie them to a tree & catch 5 fish on each one, right out from under your nose. It’s perfectly legal sportsfishing. That’s been the law for 70+ years. That’s the law you saying shouldn’t be changed. I don't think that's sportsfishing.

BTW – egg definitely came first. Fish (& cold blooded reptiles) came before chickens & just in case (another thing) you didn’t know, fish lay eggs. ;)

:)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

HB wrote
Sometimes the laws are in place because some lack common sence

Current NYS law doesn’t limit number of rods. It says 2 lines per angler. That means that while you’re fishing your stream or embayment, someone can toss two trot lines out there, tie them to a tree & catch 5 fish on each one, right out from under your nose. It’s perfectly legal sportsfishing. That’s been the law for 70+ years. That’s the law you saying shouldn’t be changed. I don't think that's sportsfishing.

:)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

In all fair ness unless I read the "3 rod rule" wrong it would NOT change the one on the books for 70+ years that you talk about because your putting it out on a river not L.O. but it could make a sethgreen rig illegal on L.O. .......is that right ?

I really have to say that this facinates me as to the reasons why each one of us fish. It is quite tellling the reasons i have read as to the yes & no's of this. It seems that some of you treat these fish as if they are enemy combatants or worse. just pawns inthe grand sceem on your way to victory. Zap the ========= come on whats up with that. At least in the bass trnys they keep the fish alive to fight another day. At least show them a little repect.I know we have to keep them for wayins but come on. Some of us with attitudes like that will be digging our ouw gravesfor the anti's. And yes I have issues but I kind of think most are good. I would like to say I have grown in my many years of angling. Is an extra rod reall y going to improve your quality of fishing & I don't mean catching. H aving a trolling spread the size of a super Walmart including the parking lot is sportmanlike? Many of you lake guys trashed the stream guys for what they do. Look in your own back yards gentelmen. Is it just a numbers game ? I guess to some it is . As long as the competition is even what differnce does it make? Some charters when this first got going guarantee fish or no pay . I told my buddy Shongo he should to keep up. He said , " I guarantee a good time on th e water and not catching fish some days is part of it. " Smart guy that Butch.

And thanks for the insults guys . It really makes my day . I'll take the side I think is right every time even if nobody else does.I'm a hard head that way. Thats why I guess I didnt do well in high school. Somebody has to look out for the fish a little. I changed my mind on the mills but not this. I know a little more about this one. Thanks for your facts on those LL . great job, all should see them.

LL can he use that rig on the Salmon river or Sandy or the Oak where the S&R run? Can't remeber the last trot line I tripped over or even saw but in an antique shop. I would say they are in kin with a tip up.

Ah ,"I LOVE THE SMELL OF FISH SLIME IN THE MORNING" (or was that napalm). Its called a challange "OVERTAKE OVERCOME" sometimes I have to "ADAPT TO THE SURRONDINGS", if what i have doesent work then i "IMPROVISE" at the "END OF THE DAY" the deck is bloody ,the surface of the water is red with blood,and i can drive home with the "PEACE OF MIND " that i did my part on the enemy for that day..............................BUT for now I gotta go wipe out every deer in "SECTOR" 8Y..............HIT THE DECK INCOMING!!!!

• 1 month later...