Just for your information UPDATED question # 2

How long do you think it would take a lake Trout to swim across Lake Ontario (Bay of Quinte to Niagara River mouth) ?   Please give a few guesses and then I will post answer along with seminar video detailing this Lake Trouts journey. I would like to share more of my meetings & seminars/symposiums & travels Lakewide I am involved in year round.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

• Like 2

One year, seven months and twenty two days.
Generated one point seven gallons of slime, sixty seven pounds eleven ounces of poop and burned sixty three calories on the trip.
What did I win Jerry?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

One year, seven months and twenty two days.
Generated one point seven gallons of slime, sixty seven pounds eleven ounces of poop and burned sixty three calories on the trip.
What did I win Jerry?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
Pretty sure I caught that fish and it released more like 71 lbs and 6 oz of poop in my boat....

I have no idea, but am def following this. These types of studies are amazing.

Real guess, either 2 weeks or 2 years

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: What is your name?

Jerry: It is Jerry, King of the southern shore and colored meat.

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: What is your quest?

Jerry: I seek the Challenge Cup

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: What is the water speed velocity of an unladen lake trout? 

Jerry: Seneca strain or Superior Marquette strain?

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: ahhhhhh I don't know that....... AHHHHHHHH (flies into Niagara River)

We caught a metal jaw tagged (Michigan) walleye off Erie Pa, that had been tagged as a 3 YO fish and released in Lake St.Clair 3 years earlier. This was back in the late 80's...........

About as long as the current along the Canadian side would take to go from east to west.The current has an average speed of 0.4 km. per hour, but since it does not follow a straight line and meanders a lot it may take longer or shorter.

Edited by rolmops

This is absolutely better than anything I could come up with for April fools day........................

No, this is NOT an April fools joke, just waiting for a few more guesses.

But I sure would of "had" all you guy's on this one, if it was an April fools joke.............

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

8 hours ago, rolmops said:

About as long as the current along the Canadian side would take to go from east to west.The current has an average speed of 0.4 km. per hour, but since it does not follow a straight line and meanders a lot it may take longer or shorter.

Cornelius,

This is exactly what the Lake trout did, Except going with a east to west Canadian current, It hugged the Canadian jagged northern shoreline to stay away from the more predominant west to east Lake Ontario current. Then made an actual "as the crow flies" direct southwest route to Niagara river mouth.

This is the studies Interploation of route near middle of lake travel.

Traveling circus Mike & Whaler Bill, obviously have known me for WAAAY Tooooo long.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

14 hours ago, Traveling Circus said:

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: What is your name?

Jerry: It is Jerry, King of the southern shore and colored meat.

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: What is your quest?

Jerry: I seek the Challenge Cup

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: What is the water speed velocity of an unladen lake trout? 

Jerry: Seneca strain or Superior Marquette strain?

Rainbow Bridge Bridgekeeper: ahhhhhh I don't know that....... AHHHHHHHH (flies into Niagara River)

We caught a metal jaw tagged (Michigan) walleye off Erie Pa, that had been tagged as a 3 YO fish and released in Lake St.Clair 3 years earlier. This was back in the late 80's...........

Nice Monty Python!!!