Trailer bunk slides for 19' deep vee.

VooDoo

I am looking at putting Caliber bunk wraps on my trailer to make my 21’ Mako go on and off a little easier.
Not overly expensive and looks easy to install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup. Missed that part. Was talking to a rep about them a few months ago and he didn’t say anything about it. Wish I would have noticed. I was in Florida last week and I would have called the guy that made my custom trailer as some of his trailers have plastic on the bunks.
I’m guessing that the plastic may cause scratches in the gel coat.
Have to bite the bullet and call Florida tomorrow and see what my guy says I guess.
Was really hoping to get rid of the carpet this year.
Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm actually looking at 3/4" x 5" x 8' pvc trim board available at Lowes for about $20 ea. Says they can be cut and machined with normal woodworking tools. A bull nose edge could be routed on all edges. Screws counter sunk. These are made for outside use and have a 25 year warranty. I did find an article where someone made bunks out of these.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have the same issue re. difficult loading the boat on the trailer with carpet covered bunks. I did notice that Caliber sells a product called Marine Slides which might work with deeper channels that decreases the chance of grit between the boat and bunk. 

There's a lot of different options for slides that go right over top of the old carpet. I'm actually looking at making my 8' bunks into 10' to offer a little more transom support. Probably put pvc board right over the new 2x6x10. I have an aluminum hull so theoretically this should work as well as the slides

Was originally going to go with pvc boards over top of the carpet. As fate would have it, I found a Caliber bunk wrap kit on ebay for a price I couldnt refuse. Took the boat to a local lake and launched it. With the help of a buddy we installed the bunk wrap and end caps on the existing boards over top of the carpet. About a half hour job. Took the boat for a test run came back and loaded on the trailer. Must say it reduced the friction by about 50%. Made for a much easier winch job. All stainless screws were included.20190406_123716.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

HI I AM FRUGAL PERSON I HAD THIS  PROBLEM ON A COUPLE OF MY TRAILERS. I TOOK A OLD TRUCK BED LINER (FOUND ALONG ROAD) CUT THE BOTTOM INTO 4" STRIPS AND SCREWED TO THE BUNKS  WORKS GREAT NO MARKS ON MY BOATS. WATCH OUT WHEN YOU LAUNCH SLIDES RIGHT OFF ON THE RAMP!!!