There are two different companies out now... One is called NK ( in Ontario Canada) one is called Northern King ( west coast of Canada.
The West Coast Northern King was purchased from the original Northern King company.
The Northern Kings are fantastic spoons. Rough water and speed tolerant.

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Missdemeanor said:

The Northern Kings are fantastic spoons. Rough water and speed tolerant.

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Although I would fall a little short of using the word "fantastic" to describe them (or any other for that matter) I fully agree with Matt in saying they are very effective spoons for the reasons he mentioned and the finish is pretty durable as well.

Edited by Sk8man

In the eighties we ran a lot of lightweight spoons like evil eyes and Sutton’s.  I kept my boat in Braddocks then and one Fall Derby after a hot tough day on the lake we stopped at WYC for a cold one.  A couple guys were there who were fishing some prototype spoons that outfished us 2 to 1.  Turned out they were NK’s.  Back then information was tough to come by as most guys were tight lipped.  When the NK 28’s became available the tackle stores kept them under the counter and you had to ask for them- they were wrapped in paper.  They really did change the spoon game as they made heavier blanks popular and they had better plating and components than others.  They set a new standard for trolling spoons.  Many of today spoons have some NK similarities.  The fact they are still being made shows it was a good design.

• Like 1

I am not sure that they are better fish catchers than Michigan Stingers, but I do know that my Northern kings after many seasons still have all the paint while I have thrown a lot of stingers in the garbage because the paint comes off after one good hit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, whaler1 said:

If I could only pack two things it would be NK’s and Spin Dr’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

B O E;

If I could only pack two things it would be NK’s and Pro Trolls with Atomic Live Flys!.

Good Luck;

John

Look at it this way, a lot of fisherman are repainting and trying to revive their NK28's in many ways to keep them going. They are that good. Hard to come by the old color and paint schemes, and often imitated. If someone offered me a handful of the 28's in the Black and Silver, I would be indebted for a long time. I have painted some, but they don't last as long.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...