Trolling reels?

Looking to buy a trolling rod and reel combo. Has anyone tried the Depthmaster II Trolling Reels from Diawa? Does anyone have any rods and reels to sell at a fairly cheap price? Don't have alot of Washington's in my pocket, if you catch my drift! :D

Dick's sporting goods has the older accudepth LC47 paired with a Diawa firewolf 9'6" rod for $69.00. Theyare Ok and we have a pair on the boat.

Bass Pro ( Auburn ) had the same rod and reel at closeout to get rid of the old style accudepths at $59.00. we picked up a pair in January.

Gander has the new and improved accudepth PLUS 47 for $49.00 each and they are alosavailable in a combo with a diawa heartland for ( I think ) $79 or so.

They are OK rods and reels for the budget conscious fisherman.

Sealine reels are better than the older accudepths but run $90-$95 each in the 47 LC size.

Diawa Heartland rods are better than the Diawa firewolf rods but typically cost about $30 each, VS the $15 for the firewolf.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Billy,

was the sale at the store only? or can I get it online as well? that's not a bad price and I could use two more reels for our planar board rods.

I know that the accudepth isn't as well made as the sealine but I have yet to have a problem with the 4 accudepths that I have, or the 4 sealines that I have had either. For the money they are a decent reel and the Accudepth Plus should be even better.

I just bought 2 new Accudepth Plus 47's and though I haven't fished them yet I have the feeling they will work out well. That bass pro price is better than what I paid. I'm using them for 2 wire diver setups this year with the 10 foot plus Heartlands. - Mick

I honestly don't know if it was an in-store price or not. A big flyer came to the house the other day and I glanced at it and then put it in the recycling bin. My guess is that it's an in-store price as they were promoting their fishing classic.

I have two of the new ADP47LC's and two of the ADP27LC's. I plan to run wire on the 47's to see how well they hold up to that abuse. The 27's will just get spooled with light line for brown fishing. I really like what I've seen of them so far.

Thanks Billy, I just found the flyer online and printed it out. $44.95 is a good price and I think I will get at least two this weekend. I have a gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and now I know what I will use it for.

They aren't sealines and certainly aren't in the same ballpark as tekotas but for the money this is a pretty good reel for recreational fisherman. Charter guys would probably want something better because of the long term wear and tear, and abuse from clients...

link to the flyer:

CLICK HERE

or just visit basspro.com and go to the Auburn store page and click on the link to " Spring Fishing Classic - 3/17 thru 3/25 " on the right side of the page