Yankee in the ROC April 6th - First King!

Another great charter with long time customer Al Kohut and gang. The morning started with a Spring King that chewed a Bay Rat Lures Citric Shad S3 on the inside board back 120'. The first one of the season is always exiting! After that we picked on a plentiful class of small Brown Trout in that 8-12' range. We slid out to the 15-20' range and found some better Brown Trout later in the morning. Finished the day looking for another Salmon, but we found nothing. Best Bay Rats today were Citric Shad, My Secret, and Ghost Wipe. Couple shots on the Fishing - Chinook Diver-Stainless Steel Troll Fishing Divers and Cannon Downriggers both pulling Team Dreamweaver SS's. Sea Sick Waddler and Chilly Willy each took one.IMG_20190406_071443.jpegIMG_20190406_095420.jpegIMG_20190406_072224.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Sealegs said:

Nice!  Quick question......I like the chinook divers, do you find they dive fairly true to the charts?  Thanks

I don't usually go off dive charts. Dive charts are only good for the day and conditions that data was recorded. typically with the Chinook divers I'm only running them out 5 to 20 ft this time of year anyway.

Great post YT and a good day out, congrats! I have had great success with the BayRats, but don't have a ton of them. I'd like to get a few more but the funds are limited.

I see from their website they have the S3 running 1-3 feet deep, a short shallow running 4-8 feet, a long shallow running 3-5 feet...

Can you comment on which model you use most, for what circumstances, and/or would recommend for Lake O? I go out of PD on the Cdn side and have used mostly the 3-5 foot deep model off the boards with good success, but maybe I could be doing better???

1 hour ago, grangb2 said:

Great post YT and a good day out, congrats! I have had great success with the BayRats, but don't have a ton of them. I'd like to get a few more but the funds are limited.

I see from their website they have the S3 running 1-3 feet deep, a short shallow running 4-8 feet, a long shallow running 3-5 feet...

Can you comment on which model you use most, for what circumstances, and/or would recommend for Lake O? I go out of PD on the Cdn side and have used mostly the 3-5 foot deep model off the boards with good success, but maybe I could be doing better???

Honestly, I use them all. It depends on what depths you fish. If you like scratching the beach the S3 is your man. The other two are good a little bit deeper.

• Like 1