Question about the "Lines"

Hey Guys,

I am new to Salmon fishing and well addicted.  This has been my first "off season"  I have been watching and reading over numerous charter captains reports on facebook and online.  I have noticed guys say in there reports they fishing the 28N to 31N and 12-16W.  I know it has to do with where abouts on the lake.  My question is what is this a reference too?  I probably just asked a huge rookie question, so I am ready for the hazing!

Look on your GPS at the long set of numbers, the 2 digit numbers in the middle are the numbers that they are referring to. So you know the North and West 2 digit numbers which are roughly 1 mile a piece for all intents and purposes. That's as easy as I can explain it. So someone at the 28N and 16W is approximately 1 mile NW of you if they are at the 29N and 17W. Numbers get bigger going north and bigger going west. Hope this helps

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In each port, the lat/long lines mean something entirely different. The oak is probably the port where you see “lines” mentioned the most.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant