X4d problems need help

Took my first trip out this weekend. Fishhawk wouldn’t work. It showed surface temp. That was it. I changed batteries. I noticed red light was blinking in probe when I brought it up. It worked fine the three times I used it last year. Any ideas? 

• 4 weeks later...

It can take a couple minutes for the data to appear and I'm assuming you didn't just take a quick look. Mine was within .1-.2 on the temp compared to my Lowrance and within .3-.5 on the surface speed today. It can take  while to load all the data when cold water (was 45-50 degrees today on Canandaigua (surface temp) and 40 down 30 ft.It is probably either the probe  or the transducer acting up on yours. I'm also assuming new or fresh batteries that you verified as good (I've had some out of the package that were weak) in the probe?

Edited by Sk8man

I tried adjusting the gain but when I go tot the adjustment screen it is like scrolling down  all the adjustments and I have no control. I replaced batteries, ran it for a while, and also turned my fish finder off for a while to make sure no interference.bYhis is all that’s on the screen.

B2EB88DD-817A-47A9-BC2C-1A8CDBDE3176.jpeg

Gambler I thought about that today. I had work done on my boat at factory this year. It wouldn’t suprise my considering that my tach was unplugged. If that is it I am going to feel like an idiot considering I called fish hawk 😄😄

Is it supposed to b e set for salt water? I noticed the little "salt" wording at the right of the 49.2 F reading...

Sk8man no its not I was playing with the menu. That is the other issue. when I go to the set page it scrolls on its own through the menu and doesn't stop. I cant set the gain or anything.I talked to fishhawk today. They told me a couple more things to try. kind of baffled. I am going check connections tonight. If they are good I am going to take the whole thing off and send it back. They seem pretty good to deal with on the phone.

If it’s scrolling on its own that means a button is stuck or the contact for the button is bad/dirty. So the unit is constantly trying to catch up with the button clicks and can’t do anything else Just a guess defiantly one that should go to to fish hawk don’t want to open up head unit

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 hours ago, hookedupf7 said:

It is packaged and heading in the morning. I will post an outcome when I hear. 

Check all connections.  When electrical connections are lose, funny things can happen with them! 

Gambler I traced all wires last night power and transducer I even redid connections at power and ground. All looked good. After that I took screen off and probe and packaged it up. Still under warranty so hopefully they can figure it out.

It is packaged and heading in the morning. I will post an outcome when I hear. 

Mine did the same thing! I sent it in along with the probe to fish hawk. Probe was fine was something in the display part of hit. Got it back quick! Can’t say enough about the customer service from fishhawk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I had an issue last summer, I talked to Steve the owner, he wanted me to try a couple things I told him that I was going to be out on the boat the next day, he said he would be out of the office, but here's my cell phone number, call me tomorrow when you get on the water! Unbelievable customer service!! Great people!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...