Cayuga Cayuga 4/7

Late Saturday night at the track so slept in this morning.  Such a great day I just had to get on the water.  Launched at Dean's and lines wet by 10:30.  Worked the shallow water for an hour hoping the overcast and little chop on the water might help but nothing doing.  Didnt mark much bait and water temps at 36-37 even in shallow so maybe need a little warmer?  Early Spring fishing is all new for me.  Hopefully will get an idea of what the silvers like over the next month.  Wind died off and lake went flat so worked out to 100 fow and started finding active lake trout.  The biggest of the day was also the first of the day.  Hammered a white flasher/fly off a dipsey set #2 out 200.  Took a few minutes to get that one in and the next hour and a half was non-stop with fish taking the dipsey rig as first choice but downrigger with spoon and the long copper with a flasher/fly were firing too.  I was spent at a Baker's dozen, all fish were in the 100-130 fow corridor.  Scooted out towards the middle to take a peek but the screen was pretty much blank from 140 fow all the way out past 250 and back.  Home by 2.  Now time to try another recipe in the new smoker!

IMG_20190407_151401.jpg

11 minutes ago, Hooked Custom Lures said:

We went out of long point and found them at 150' in 200' fow. Could not seem to keep the Gambler rigs in the water. Went 5/5 bringing home 4 . cpould have got more but hard to release after pulling up from 200'. Didnt want to take chances. Water temp was warmer at 150' than surface.

56380205_10214957845685694_8377580555503403008_n.jpg

:yes:

1 hour ago, Hooked Custom Lures said:

We went out of long point and found them at 150' in 200' fow. Could not seem to keep the Gambler rigs in the water. Went 5/5 bringing home 4 . cpould have got more but hard to release after pulling up from 200'. Didnt want to take chances. Water temp was warmer at 150' than surface.

56380205_10214957845685694_8377580555503403008_n.jpg

Very nice.  I'm guessing  you were working the East side as nothing out that far on the West.

A half dozen boats were out on the West side while I was out but no reports at the docks as I was off the water ahead of the others.  A beautiful day and hopefully signs of great days ahead.

9 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

Very nice.  I'm guessing  you were working the East side as nothing out that far on the West.

A half dozen boats were out on the West side while I was out but no reports at the docks as I was off the water ahead of the others.  A beautiful day and hopefully signs of great days ahead.

We launched out of Long Point turned north and set up in 200 fow and trolled north at 1.4 at the ball. Marked a ton of fish. There were guys in about 150 fow or so jigging for lakers as well on the aurora side.