Trolling bags.

I would like to think it would be easier to install a prop with less pitch and turn base idle screw down as much as you can while still maintaining a smooth idle . Would be a lot less bs in the water but thats just my opinion .

I would like to think it would be easier to install a prop with less pitch and turn base idle screw down as much as you can while still maintaining a smooth idle . Would be a lot less bs in the water but thats just my opinion .
If I wasn't broke[emoji3]!

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was new to bags till last year my new boat has a 150 Yamaha two-stroke and was giving me 2.7 to3+ miles per hour at idle so last spring I purchased 2 18 inch bags for my 22 foot boat and I actually found out they weren’t large enough and went to the Amish outfitters 28 inch bags beefy bags and now I believe I have control of my boat I also found out that lead lengths are critical front and back on bag positioning as well as keeping bag to the sides of the boat versus under the boat there is a definite learning curve but I do believe you can get total speed control with them as well as running higher rpm’s with your two-stroke to eliminate fouling the plugs

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a 19 foot alumicraft with a 90 and I can troll it down ok going in to the waves or on a flat lake.. but I run 2 bags all the time no matter what. It does 2 things let's you run a few more rpms and gives you way more control. I have a rope to the front of them hooked to my forward cleats and then a tail rope to the back cleats . And I fish by self all the time I put them out by just tossing them over one at a time and holding the back rope to get them to fill. The biggest trick is to not make the ropes to slack keep it so the bags are as far forward and you can and not have them pull out of the water, and the back rope tight so they can't wander under the boat. Mine the front of the bag is about even with the steering wheel . Or a little forward . The other thing I do is carry an extra set of front ropes all set and ready to go because they can wear on the side of the boat and break. More than once I have had to replace them on the water..also always run 2 one makes the boat pull horable to one side.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have run buckets since around 1980 

I have a 21 ft hardtop . I tie them on each Side mid ship so they drag about 2/3 back from the front . I run 2 ,1 or none . They are in and out of the water the entire time I am fishing . They are as important to my set up as any piece of  equipment on my boat.  I would not trade them for anything . Had a trolling plate and hated it . 

To make , take off wire handle . Drill 4, 3/4 holes equally spaced  in the plastic rind molded where the handle was . Drill about 15 , 3/4  holes in the bottom of the bucket . Take about 3 ft of 3/8" or 1/2 "  braided nylon line and go in and out of the 4 holes and make a harness for the tow line so it pull from the center , tie that off with a square knot . Tie tow rope to that  . Hope this makes sense . 

Edited by HB2

I have run buckets since around 1980 

I have a 21 ft hardtop . I tie them on each Side mid ship so they drag about 2/3 back from the front . I run 2 ,1 or none . They are in and out of the water the entire time I am fishing . They are as important to my set up as any piece of  equipment on my boat.  I would not trade them for anything . Had a trolling plate and hated it . 

To make , take off wire handle . Drill 4, 3/4 holes equally spaced  in the plastic rind molded where the handle was . Drill about 15 , 3/4  holes in the bottom of the bucket . Take about 3 ft of 3/8" or 1/2 "  braided nylon line and go in and out of the 4 holes and make a harness for the tow line so it pull from the center , tie that off with a square knot . Tie tow rope to that  . Hope this makes sense . 

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a boat similar to yours and I run bags everyday I troll and I have a kicker. I run 2, 1 or none and am constantly pulling one and putting it back in because I fish alone a lot and I can steer the boat or keep the boat going straight from the back of the boat by pulling or letting out some rope.

Rope size is no big deal.

If 100$ prop isn’t doable money wise you probably shouldn’t be on the water, what your plan for a breakdown? If you need a tow in it’s nice to offer some cash for ruining another fisherman’s day. Most wont take it but you should always have some cash on you just Incase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run Big Papa bags and love them.  A far as putting them out by yourself, I would say maybe put the boat in neutral and put the bags in, try to sink/fill them as best you can and put her in gear and watch them to make sure they fill up once moving again.  That way you won't veer to one side at first.  IDK.  Just a thought.

Thanks

I run Big Papa bags and love them.  A far as putting them out by yourself, I would say maybe put the boat in neutral and put the bags in, try to sink/fill them as best you can and put her in gear and watch them to make sure they fill up once moving again.  That way you won't veer to one side at first.  IDK.  Just a thought.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app