PA Opener

Gray Fox

Nice weather this year for a change. Had two buck come in early just as the sun was rising, one was a real small spike who stopped about 15 feet from my ladder and the other stopped behind a group of trees. Seeing only half of his rack I assumed he was hopefully a nice 10 point, so I took the shot. When I got up to the deer the side I could not see had been broken off only leaving the brown tine and what I beleive is the G2? Hard to see in the pic but you could tell where the other horn broke off. Oh well it was still a nice 7 point and he was down and tagged by 7:30 a.m.

Pq2n1qZi.jpg

My younger brother hunted a friends farm and took a 6 point aroudn 1:30. Don't know the details, so I cant share any of them.

Nice buck Reese. I can remember when bucks of this class were very hard to come by. I know the antler restriction has def made a difference in my area. I had a similar thing happen last season. The side I saw looked nice with good tine length so I let it fly. When I got to the downed buck I found out he didn't have anything on the other side. Oh well, the kielbasa still tasted the same :)

Thanks, the antler restriction has def. improved the quality of the deer. Unfortuntately for us Rt. 690 and Rt. 502 cut our farm into three peices and we lost two absolute hogs to cars during the rut ;( . Maybe next year I'll have to practice with the bow some more and get out a little earlier.