Honeybee (Stinger) spoons by Tamiron

I used to run them from time to time 4 Browns and steelhead on Ontario with quite a bit of success when I lived out there. Seems like not many people out there even know what they are though. Only problem was Kings would tear them up and you can't really put a big enough hook on them without affecting the action to make them  viable King lures . Now I live closer to Champlain and I challenge you to find a trout and salmon troller that doesn't have at least 20 in their box. Deadly on the land locks

Edited by FishnChef

Do you guys that do well with them tie direct as he suggests? I use a small dulock and don't seem to do as well with them as  I would like. Thanks for the advise,     Matt

On 4/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, FishnChef said:

I used to run them from time to time 4 Browns and steelhead on Ontario with quite a bit of success when I lived out there. Seems like not many people out there even know what they are though. Only problem was Kings would tear them up and you can't really put a big enough hook on them without affecting the action to make them  viable King lures . Now I live closer to Champlain and I challenge you to find a trout and salmon troller that doesn't have at least 20 in their box. Deadly on the land locks

i agree with you 100 % for salmon on champlain but i also know the original honeybee stinger lure in the magnum size catch lakers salmon cohos and kings also we used them 2 years in a row at niagara bar . you can still find them if you look real hard. i use the magnums here on champlain to during the derbies for lakers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, frostbitefishy1 said:

i agree with you 100 % for salmon on champlain but i also know the original honeybee stinger lure in the magnum size catch lakers salmon cohos and kings also we used them 2 years in a row at niagara bar . you can still find them if you look real hard. i use the magnums here on champlain to during the derbies for lakers

You can find the if you look real hard .... or you can try the easy WAY ... www.tamiron.com

Uni knot loop to ring , don’t need any type swivel! ! Unless your coming  off lead or wire then swivel is added to end of same but hook up to spoon remains same ! 

I’ve got about 30 Magnums new never used , $100 shipped local to PA if anyone interested I can text you photos ! 

Capt. Lou:

When you were the rep for HONEYBEEs, we thought that we understood everything we needed to about the spoons. But I suggest that you also check out the site http://www.tamiron.com/Articles.asp?ID=257. You might be surprised by what you see! (i'll bet you got a pretty good deal on all those "STINGERS":lol: