Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dirty Oar Adventures

Honeybee (Stinger) spoons by Tamiron

Recommended Posts

Anybody running Honeybee spoons by Tamiron these days? Came across the old tackle box and there were several in there. Had tremendous success in the past, anyone in Lake Ontario running them these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I used to run them from time to time 4 Browns and steelhead on Ontario with quite a bit of success when I lived out there. Seems like not many people out there even know what they are though. Only problem was Kings would tear them up and you can't really put a big enough hook on them without affecting the action to make them  viable King lures . Now I live closer to Champlain and I challenge you to find a trout and salmon troller that doesn't have at least 20 in their box. Deadly on the land locks

Edited by FishnChef

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns love the little ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great landlock spoons I have taped-up larger size with black and silver tape did well on spring browns off shallow riggers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you guys that do well with them tie direct as he suggests? I use a small dulock and don't seem to do as well with them as  I would like. Thanks for the advise,     Matt

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tie direct with a Rapala knot though I do have a few that have split rings on them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Browns, Cohos, and Steelhead love them. My brother usually puts one in the water every trip. The Rochester charter captains use them more then they will ever admit to.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

work super on lake champlain .  i got some for lake o too .i am hoping to get there soon 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don’t work- especially not for brown trout! You should give them all to me!!!


The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 8:21 PM, FishnChef said:

I used to run them from time to time 4 Browns and steelhead on Ontario with quite a bit of success when I lived out there. Seems like not many people out there even know what they are though. Only problem was Kings would tear them up and you can't really put a big enough hook on them without affecting the action to make them  viable King lures . Now I live closer to Champlain and I challenge you to find a trout and salmon troller that doesn't have at least 20 in their box. Deadly on the land locks

i agree with you 100 % for salmon on champlain but i also know the original honeybee stinger lure in the magnum size catch lakers salmon cohos and kings also we used them 2 years in a row at niagara bar . you can still find them if you look real hard. i use the magnums here on champlain to during the derbies for lakers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great spoons on browns and steelhead ! If any ones interested I’ve got about 50 new never used I’d like to sell $100 shipped !

i have many sizes however original colors only !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, frostbitefishy1 said:

i agree with you 100 % for salmon on champlain but i also know the original honeybee stinger lure in the magnum size catch lakers salmon cohos and kings also we used them 2 years in a row at niagara bar . you can still find them if you look real hard. i use the magnums here on champlain to during the derbies for lakers

You can find the if you look real hard .... or you can try the easy WAY ... www.tamiron.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, dry net said:

Do you guys that do well with them tie direct as he suggests? I use a small dulock and don't seem to do as well with them as  I would like. Thanks for the advise,     Matt

 

 

 

 

 

 

Matt:

With a duolock run them faster.http://www.tamiron.com/Articles.asp?ID=257

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uni knot loop to ring , don’t need any type swivel! ! Unless your coming  off lead or wire then swivel is added to end of same but hook up to spoon remains same ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve got about 30 Magnums new never used , $100 shipped local to PA if anyone interested I can text you photos ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honey bees wider body shorter lengths ! Great spoon ! I have some of those if anyone interested , In an let you know how many once I dig  them out !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

Quote

 

Uni knot loop to ring , don’t need any type swivel! ! Unless your coming  off lead or wire then swivel is added to end of same but hook up to spoon remains same ! 

I’ve got about 30 Magnums new never used , $100 shipped local to PA if anyone interested I can text you photos ! 

 

Capt. Lou:

When you were the rep for HONEYBEEs, we thought that we understood everything we needed to about the spoons. But I suggest that you also check out the site http://www.tamiron.com/Articles.asp?ID=257. You might be surprised by what you see! (i'll bet you got a pretty good deal on all those "STINGERS":lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jim, still running them on Champ. Want to get the hang of it real bad.        Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...