The wife and kids were out of town this weekend and I couldn’t go, so I got some fishing in. All days were shortened- 2 due to weather and one due to prior engagements... but good fishing overall, despite it all.

Friday- we knew we had a short window before the strong southeast wind/storm came, so we motored to our spot about 4 miles down rather than troll down. We found a pocket of warm stained water and beat it up good. Great action on a mix of cookie cutters with a few real nice fish scattered in there. They took an equal mix of gold colored and perch pattern bayrats, in 8-15 fow. We fished them hard till about 9:30, then packed up and ran it just before the wind came... the bay was absolutely rockin with 2 footers in the marina...

Saturday-again, we only had about 3 hours to work with due to a funeral. We motored down to our spot, and the good water was gone... the water was cold and crystal clear. We picked a handful of browns, but the further west I went the worst it looked. It wasn’t terrible action considering how bad the water was... but some guys did much better east of me. Turns out it was much better out front. Oh well.

Sunday- we had a strong west wind last night, and knew it was gonna switch ne by about 10. We went east. We started with a bang but couldn’t keep them stuck. After a flurry of bites at first light, we kept going east, and it was a slow pick on a random assortment of lures by the bluffs. I think 7 different set ups took fish by 8:30, but there was no rhyme or reason. The bite kinda died when the ne wind started. We did do 4 or 5 bites right near port on the way back to port, and were back at the dock by 10:45, before the weather got too bad. I was a little surprised it a little better, to be honest- it seems like the east wind slowed them down a bit.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant