Chowder and Reeldoc at the Oak 4/13

Doc and I seemed destined to fish under adverse conditions this year. Continuing the trend was our outing yesterday. For a very brief 15 minutes all seemed well after clearing the break wall and then quickly things deteriorated as a nasty west wind freshened up and breakers formed as we were getting lines out. We lost a first fish to a break off and then struggled to hold course westward eventually giving up and trolling south. Somewhere east of the break wall we got traction on the browns and slammed some real beauties. After realizing we were going to limit soon we turned back towards the launch which left Doc to handle the last couple by himself due to the necessity of clinging to the wheel on my part. Similar to my last outing the fish seemed to be podded up with out a clear connection to anything. This trip the bay rat BT took 1/2 and the black silver yozuris the other 1/2. Our fish mostly came in 12 fow, speed was ‘ god only knows ‘

4 minutes ago, dremarquis said:

I am unfamiliar with bay rats. Where do you buy them? What size and colors are your favorites? Thank you, Andre

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Fish USA has them. I like the brown trout candy color pattern 

Also wondering what size Bay Rats guys are running for browns.  I'd like to pick up a few for my next trip to Lake O.
Check out posts from Yankee Troller. He posts some of the best info. He will usually have a handful of the best colors for the day. Seems like Citric Shad is on the list on most days. Skinny water use the S3. A little deeper the short shallows work good.

S3 dive 3-5'
SS dive 5-8'

Some of the I've got recently

BT candy
Coho crusher
Citric Shad
Yankee Troller

Sent from my SM-G892A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1