SLR perch

Kevin J Legg

Got it.....cleaning the fish will tell. When we were kids on Long Island we'd catch spawning perch and when you gave them a mild squeeze the gametes would squirt out in a long stream with the male stuff flying out at least 9-10 feet! like a squirt gun filled with heavy cream! The fish were headed for the fryer so we'd have a little fun right after we caught them.  :-P

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job Kevin. If you don't mind me asking what depth were you finding them? I have been out 4 times in the past couple weeks fishing all different depths between A-bay and Clayton and haven't caught anything. I was thinking that maybe it was to early. I just just bought a place up there 2 years ago so I'm still learning the area. The last time I fished the river was about 25 years ago. Any advice would be be greatly appreciated.

Nice job Kevin. If you don't mind me asking what depth were you finding them? I have been out 4 times in the past couple weeks fishing all different depths between A-bay and Clayton and haven't caught anything. I was thinking that maybe it was to early. I just just bought a place up there 2 years ago so I'm still learning the area. The last time I fished the river was about 25 years ago. Any advice would be be greatly appreciated.

Sent a pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United