Need some advice on a Penn Yan 212 Tournament

Jto97

Hey guys!

I am a college student looking for my first salmon boat! I am looking at a 1993 penn yan 212 tournament. It has many things included: fish finders, fishhawk, rocket rod holders, planer mast and reels, 4 cannon mag 10’s autopilot, full enclosure, radio, etc... I was wondering what you guys think it would be worth? Transom and stringers replaced last year. He is asking 10,000. Does this seem fair? I was thinking it is a little high. I was thinking of offering 9000. 

Thanks guys!

Any one buying a  boat that old should have a survey done prior, may cost 3 or 4 hundred but might save you a few thousand and a college student doesn't need that expense. Ask on this site for people who do surveys, good luck 

• Like 1

Any one buying a  boat that old should have a survey done prior, may cost 3 or 4 hundred but might save you a few thousand and a college student doesn't need that expense. Ask on this site for people who do surveys, good luck 

Agreed. Also, ask the seller, he may fund it. He would want it to help sell it unless there’s other issues. You never know till you ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have to agree price is about right, both my self and brother had transoms and restoration work done on 1990 Thompson 210's  recently that cost  $6 k each by Samson Marine in Red Creek. We will never get full amount of that back maybe half if lucky so get the survey for sure to be sure, split the cost with owner