NNY turkey

Going to set up a couple blinds today. Haven't scouted yet but I've hunted the farm for many years so roosts and strut areas are known. Will scout closer to opener as birds are still moving and groups breaking up.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...

Scouted this morning. Had a couple gobbling in roost. Backed out and observed from a distance. 8 hens, a Jake and a tom flew out into the field. I snuck off and never did see the noisy gobblers. Will be there tomorrow!

It figures they're in a field without a pop up blind so looks like I may get wet.[emoji3]

Had them
Gobbling on the roost. After fly down toms were strutting at 75 yards. Two hens came to 30 but Tom eventually moved off.
Raining so I made a move to my pop up and saw the flock about 200 yards off. They eventually moved off so I made a couple blind adjustments for tomorrow. A
Good morning as I got to watch a great show and even saw 6 deer.

My awesome wife got out in the light rain and was able to get this nice tom. Nothing like sitting in the blind together seeing the world come alive. I'm very fortunate to have someone that can somewhat relate to my passion for the outdoors.IMG_5284.JPG

• Like 2

Tommy guided a buddy on a successful hunt this morning and got a cool video. Wish I knew how to post it. If someone does pm me a email address and I’ll send it to you.

Well, I had two Toms sneak in silent and took me by surprise. I guess they didn't like my strutting decoy as they started putting and moving. I must have rushed my shot as they both flew off unscathed. A thorough search found no indication of a hit. Now my wife is one up on me.[emoji22]

You'll get them Kevin. Any turkey hunter who says they've never had a bird come in on them silent or missed a bird is lying...or just started hunting turkeys & hasn't ever taken a shot! They're a tough bird to consistently fool into range. I swear they can see you breath & blink!

Keep plugging away & I'm sure you'll get your bird!

Good Luck to all!!

About 15 years ago I missed one on opening morning. Then with a few days left in the season I shot a Tom in the same area. When I skinned him I could see the old (and new) shot in the breast. They sure are tough

I killed a Jake yesterday, that one never took a step.

I will be hunting up that way this weekend.

Stay after them!

2 birds were gobbling across the field from me and others roosted in trees so I didn't get to my blind. Eventually had 9 birds in the field and a tom walked 10 feet from my empty blind with two more gobbling in the woods behind him.
They eventually moved out with hens so decided to leave them undisturbed for tomorrow morning and move to different blind. On my way to the car I walked right up on four birds and shot one right near my car. I'll be in that blind in the morning!IMG_5294.JPG

• Like 1