Great lakes lure

It is the Oakie Dokie. Great lake trout spoon in the Finger Lakes and for Lake Ontario on variety of fish too. Jason Oakes of Great Lakes Lures makes them and he now has a bunch of beautiful colors and paint patterns added to the mix on his spoons that are second to none.

• Like 2

I would fish "as is" as the lure is balanced to operate with a specific action and anything added weight wise may throw off the action. It has great action in the water all by itself. By the way they also work great on pike and pickerel in shallower water.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Yes, as stated that is one of our lures called an Oakie Doakie. That particular lure dates back to the 90's. I can tell by the tape and the way it was put together. If you contact me personally I would send you some lures that we currently make in appreciation for your post.
As stated we do not yet have a website. I'm working on it but not yet finished and we do have a fb page. It's always a pleasure to see products from our past and it's hard to believe we have been doing this for over 40 years... Thank you!

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes, as stated that is one of our lures called an Oakie Doakie. That particular lure dates back to the 90's. I can tell by the tape and the way it was put together. If you contact me personally I would send you some lures that we currently make in appreciation for your post.
As stated we do not yet have a website. I'm working on it but not yet finished and we do have a fb page. It's always a pleasure to see products from our past and it's hard to believe we have been doing this for over 40 years... Thank you!

Now that's a stand up move !

On 4/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, Great Lakes Lure Maker said:

Looking forward to the website. All your stuff you've posted on here looks really good.