1992 Crestliner Sabre

wmshaw

I have a 1992 Crestliner Sabre that I purchased last year and it does not have the back seat cushions for the space between the inside of the boat and the inboard engine cover.   Would anyone be able to measure the wood backing on their cushions for me as mine is still in storage and I would like to get 2 of them made up.  I know that the design did not change after speaking to Crestliner from 1986 to 1994.

Also, I have the MCM 350 CID (5.7 Litre) engine on it and it needs a new starter for it,  I took it out to a shop before I put it away for the winter and unfortunately for me, they closed up shop (went bankrupt after 55 years in business) and I did not get my starter back.  My engine serial is 0D617619 and when I look it up, I see there are 3 potential starters listed -- would anyone know which one it is?

Finally, the boat did not have the aluminum corner caps,  I called Crestliner, and they do not have them.  Does anyone have a source or suggestion to get these?   I am looking to get replacements for these four corner caps as shown in the sample first picture below.  You can also see the caps go in Pic 3 of my boat

Cheers,

Bill

1797044443_1992CrestlinerSabreMouldingCornerCovers.thumb.JPG.8bbd2317de7f54d19c1ea1e0b68a2311.JPGIMG_2693.thumb.jpg.78333c77fd926b2267d955447e3547b0.jpg18CB6FF0-.png.d43e8c2a68ed9e9f7e523eb92199da4b.png

Edited by wmshaw
my Boat Pic

We have an '88 Sabre with a 4.3 V6,  if you think they are the same, I can get you a measurement from our seats sometime early next week if that would help you.

Let me know.

Sorry, can't help you on your other questions

Tom

Edited by Cheezman

12 hours ago, Cheezman said:

We have an '88 Sabre with a 4.3 V6,  if you think they are the same, I can get you a measurement from our seats sometime early next week if that would help you.

Let me know.

Sorry, can't help you on your other questions

Tom

Hi Tom,  if it is a 2250 or 2450, they should be the same.   I am hoping to get my boat out in two weeks time to start work on her to get her ready for the salmon fishing season.  Thanks, Bill

Here ya go bro.....23"W (doghouse to gunnel panel) X 18L (cockpit to transom) Port and starboard are identical. Thickness of cushion is 3" at transom side to 3.5" towards bow side. I wouldn't go thicker that 3" at transom because of backrest. These jumpseats  don't get used much cause they're in the way when working the riggers AND people tend to stand on them AND they slip forward which could cause the standing person to go for an unintended swim. We use them when fishing is slow and we have more than usual on board. Can't help with the starter issue as my 22' 1988 HT is powered by a 3.7L. 

3 hours ago, Cheezman said:

It's a 22' hardtop G/L

I'll get you the measurements as soon as I can.

Thanks, mine is also a 2250 and I still have two footitis.