Rod for braid dipsy

Since I already have a pair of wire dipsy rods/reels, I'm thinking of rigging up a pair of saltist 30's that I have laying around with braid for early season, shallow, (pre fleas) dipsy reels. I'd like this setup to be versatile for use on the finger lakes and possibly for chasing walleye also.

Probably going with 40# power pro on the reels. Looking for suggestions on the rods. On my wire rigs I am using Okuma pro glt dipsy rods in the 9' length. Should I use those or is there a better rod for this application? I have a smaller boat so I tend to prefer shorter rods. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

9 hours ago, Brian S said:

Since I already have a pair of wire dipsy rods/reels, I'm thinking of rigging up a pair of saltist 30's that I have laying around with braid for early season, shallow, (pre fleas) dipsy reels. I'd like this setup to be versatile for use on the finger lakes and possibly for chasing walleye also.

Probably going with 40# power pro on the reels. Looking for suggestions on the rods. On my wire rigs I am using Okuma pro glt dipsy rods in the 9' length. Should I use those or is there a better rod for this application? I have a smaller boat so I tend to prefer shorter rods. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have two braid diver setups on the boat and they are setup exactly the same as my wire diver setups. I am an Okuma guy and all of my current setups are on 10' Okuma White Diamond diver rods. I guess to answer your question use what you are comfortable with and what you are currently using is fine.