pa first day buck

kerchner

thanks for all of the congrat's guys. the area of pa that i hunt had many more deer when i grew up. it was comon to sit in a treestand and watch deer in groups of 25-30 at a time. the problem was that during opening day you could often see 100 deer over the course of the day and not see a single buck and often those that were shot were never of this class. our game comission has implemented antler resrictions that have produced these type of bucks and heavy antlerless harvests that in my opinion have helped but have gone too far recently. my area has changed over the years from probably a 20 to 1 doe to buck ratio to much closer to 1 or 2 to one. small groups of hunters are taking it upon themselves within their cabins to expand on the states management and reduce doe harvest somewhat. overall, the rule changes seem good however there are many who have different opinion. you can't please everyone but this hunter for one is happy this year. I have a summer home in the chaumont bay area and i must say the terrain in ny. is perfect for game. you guy's are lucky to have the land that you have to hunt and fish. best of luck to all

chris