High water

Very true can't stop mother nature. But you can prepare when you know you're going to get high water from the winner melt down and spring rain . Should have made the Lake lower while they could have . Now everything downstream it's flooded out and it's to late to let water down in Ontario

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

They cut back on water flow into St.LARRY due to flood conditions on the river. So the lake will continue to rise with the rains and whats left of the run off. Headed to the Oswegotchie River camp tomorrow and Black River later in the week. Will know more by then. Of course the locals would know best. The lake made our local news earlier this past week.

Knowing the high levels in the upper Great Lakes, they SHOULD have aggressively lowered it in the fall and winter. But they didn’t, because hydropower loves high water and the IJc will always err on the side of higher levels. Maximal efficiency of the turbines is around 9k outflow, and this guarantees they will have that flow ALLLLL summer... how convenient for them!

Of course they have to lower flows now for downstream, but they cannot possibly try to hide behind the guise of weather when they knew darn well that we were above normal consistently for the last 5 months...

And now, they will also have the convenient guise of “shipping safety” to throttle flows too.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

They should have never agreed with the 2014 deal to raise the lake 2ft to satisfy the salamanders and frogs. They would of found other wet lands. So now its been a thorn in property owners and marinas suffering and the land owners can swim freely with the frogs.

They should have never agreed with the 2014 deal to raise the lake 2ft to satisfy the salamanders and frogs. They would of found other wet lands. So now its been a thorn in property owners and marinas suffering and the land owners can swim freely with the frogs.

The environmental stuff was merely the pc wrapping- for the gift to power and shipping that the new ijc agreement is

• Like 1

So the insanity is building in the flood plain and rebuilding every couple of years and expecting different results.. Glad I don't have to forecast if we get snow or spring rains how far we can safely draw down and still have safe navigation or generate hydro . Imagine the screaming if your dock or marina was 20 feet from the waters edge in August. It happened in Georgian Bay years ago.

Quebec is offering people flooded out $200,000. to move rather than rebuild every few years if they don't take the money they will be on their own. Would be nice to see areas than regularly flood turned into parkland or green space. If the global warming forecasts are correct it won't get better..

So the insanity is building in the flood plain and rebuilding every couple of years and expecting different results.. Glad I don't have to forecast if we get snow or spring rains how far we can safely draw down and still have safe navigation or generate hydro . Imagine the screaming if your dock or marina was 20 feet from the waters edge in August. It happened in Georgian Bay years ago.

That’s a fine theory, except they are CHOOSING to have a higher high, and have admitted this this plan will result in more frequent flooding...

I was up in Canada for the last 4 days in fishing Tournament and this “Highwater “ increasing situation  dominates the

news.

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

IMG_2619.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL

I stock piled extra stone in case boat ramp access to Lake would ever need to be protected again ...... BUT JUST 1 YEAR LATER ALREADY !!!        Stones and "Lake Lumber" pushed into yard yesterday for the 1st time this year

Jerry

RUNNIN REBEL

!IMG_2692.JPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by RUNNIN REBEL