Gotta Love Snow in Late April

I'm glad I haven't bothered to uncover my boat yet. It's snowing and blowing at my house. Looks like a repeat of last year when winter didn't want to go away. Maybe spring will get here before bass season opens in June.

• Sad 1

I'm developing a low tolerance for snow. Maybe I'm just getting old, but I'm becoming a fair weather fisherman. I had to work in crappy weather for 20 years in the light infantry, so now I just choose to stay home and work on my honey-do list. I've got plenty of home repairs to keep me busy in the meantime.

I fished a bunch of rough water last year, so I know my Sabre is up to the task. I wasn't planning to go out before the walleye opener anyway, so I'm okay with waiting another week.

• Like 1

We were hoping to be on LO this weekend for first outing. Been working on boat all week and shes ready. Heard some great King reports from Canadian waters west of river. O well, hopefully next weekend will be better.

• Like 1

The wind finally just started to die down a little. Winds were steady between 20-30 mph with gusts near 40 mph. It's been a cold, wet 34 degree snow, blowing sideways all day.
Put some more wood in the wood stove and hunker down more coming tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fisherdude said:

Put some more wood in the wood stove and hunker down more coming tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1609 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yep, I hauled 8 wheelbarrow loads of firewood to the front porch yesterday afternoon. It snowed last night, and it's still snowing now. I think I'll work on some plumbing issues in my basement today. The wood stove is loaded and we are warm.

We were hoping to be on LO this weekend for first outing. Been working on boat all week and shes ready. Heard some great King reports from Canadian waters west of river. O well, hopefully next weekend will be better.

Warm water flows out of the Welland Canal Ports of Saint Catherine’s and Dahlousie that turns on the Kings there early. Lake Erie ice is disappearing quickly now and the Bar should turn on shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app