for sale : usa 2000 STAR CRAFT FISH MASTER 196 FOR SALE

Caverly K

2000 Star Craft Fish Master 196 with trailer. 125 Mercury 2 Stroke. Less than 150 hrs. Complete tune up. 9.9 Mercury 4 stroke with less than 100 hrs. New complete canvas last year. Lowrance Hook 7. X4 Fish Hawk. Berts Tracks. 4 Rod Holders. 2018 Minn Kota Terrova. Twin Charging. This boat is mint. 100% ready to fish. $15,500.

Call or Text Kevin @ 585-233-3779

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

boat5.jpg

boat6.jpg

boat7.jpg

boat8.jpg

Edited by Caverly K
lowered price

I bought a 2001 equipped with a 125 and 9.9 kicker, 2 Mag 20 DT riggers, full canvas (like new), cover, rod holders, older electronics, 4 rods and a bunch of tackle 7 years ago in Buffalo for $10500.  That boat was mint.  Anyone can ask anything but if you are serious on selling, $13K is realistic.  Check NADA.

Picture enclosed....

46807930765_db532fc949_z.jpg

Our LOU community has never been to keen on the idea of people who join the website just to sell their stuff at prices that do not reflect fair market value.

Not today, probably still wont tomorrow...

Edited by C3M
  • Like 2

I’ve fished with Kevin many times and this is an awesome multi species platform for someone who likes the big water trolling for trout/salmon / walleye or smaller lake fishing where the I spot really shines for perch schools or bass fishing. You won’t be disappointed with this low hour boat. It is flawless. 

Yes for the fair price not the Golden dollar he is asking
I won't say your wrong with your assessment.... I'll only throw out there that NADA doesnt account for the current popularity of this model and the lack of used inventory. Since last year ive seen a bunch of WTB posts for FM 196's. I bought a new one....in part because i didnt want to pay as much for used as people were getting. Im not trying to change your mind.....but i do understand where he is coming from.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

What’s interesting guys is back in 1999 I purchased a 196 Superfisherman for $18900 out the door ...sold it in 2003 to my buddy for $14500...which we both thought was fair...then two years later I purchased a used 2004 196 Fishmaster from a private owner that had less than 50 hours...150 Mercury 4-stroke...4 big Jon riggers..no kicker but boat was set-up...we agreed to $15500...on the invoice that boat was bought new for $21500...I felt I got a great deal and the seller thought it was fair...I was laid off for two and a half years starting in 2008 and had a guy stop me at the boat launch and offered me $18500 for my Fishmaster...At the time I was surprised that someone would pay me that much for a 6 year old boat...so I was led to believe that no one ever makes money on a boat ...so I sold it ....I finally got back to work in 2011 and in 2013 purchased a Crestliner Sportfish SST 2150 for around 50 k...ouch...but I love fishing and it’s an expensive hobby...so long story longer...this 2000 Fishmaster is a fantastic boat and if it’s as nice as the owner says it is then who are we to tell him it’s overpriced....NADA is just a guide...supply and demand will sway the price a lot...what’s disgusting is how the Fishmaster ...which hasn’t changed much over the last 19 years cost upwards of 60k now...so $15500 doesn’t seem to bad if your trying to get a nice rig that is ready to fish...if he gets $15500  for it...good for him..someone will buy it and most likely feel like they got a nice rig for a fair price...if he doesn’t get what he wants then maybe he will let it go for what he feels is fair....maybe it’s the way he answered the offer that is getting people riled up but by the looks of it that boat is in great shape....good luck on the sale and guys I really think if you were selling it you may have a different opinion...btw I don’t know this guy from Adam..I just have a lot of history the last 20 years of looking for and buying 20 ft aluminum boats..

• Like 1

What’s interesting guys is back in 1999 I purchased a 196 Superfisherman for $18900 out the door ...sold it in 2003 to my buddy for $14500...which we both thought was fair...then two years later I purchased a used 2004 196 Fishmaster from a private owner that had less than 50 hours...150 Mercury 4-stroke...4 big Jon riggers..no kicker but boat was set-up...we agreed to $15500...on the invoice that boat was bought new for $21500...I felt I got a great deal and the seller thought it was fair...I was laid off for two and a half years starting in 2008 and had a guy stop me at the boat launch and offered me $18500 for my Fishmaster...At the time I was surprised that someone would pay me that much for a 6 year old boat...so I was led to believe that no one ever makes money on a boat ...so I sold it ....I finally got back to work in 2011 and in 2013 purchased a Crestliner Sportfish SST 2150 for around 50 k...ouch...but I love fishing and it’s an expensive hobby...so long story longer...this 2000 Fishmaster is a fantastic boat and if it’s as nice as the owner says it is then who are we to tell him it’s overpriced....NADA is just a guide...supply and demand will sway the price a lot...what’s disgusting is how the Fishmaster ...which hasn’t changed much over the last 19 years cost upwards of 60k now...so $15500 doesn’t seem to bad if your trying to get a nice rig that is ready to fish...if he gets $15500  for it...good for him..someone will buy it and most likely feel like they got a nice rig for a fair price...if he doesn’t get what he wants then maybe he will let it go for what he feels is fair....maybe it’s the way he answered the offer that is getting people riled up but by the looks of it that boat is in great shape....good luck on the sale and guys I really think if you were selling it you may have a different opinion...btw I don’t know this guy from Adam..I just have a lot of history the last 20 years of looking for and buying 20 ft aluminum boats..
It could also be said that the person making the lowered offer coulda done it on PM rather than make it a public thing. Sure...its just business when selling something..but yeah its personal too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

What you guys all missed was his first asking price of $18.5K.  You showed up late to this game and now that the price is $15.5K, that is not so bad.

So, do you all think $18.5K is a fair price as that is what prompted the discussion.  If so, you should all buy it.  I think the OP realized that and dropped his price to something realistic.

Edited by hairybumcrack