Planar board adjustment

Hello folks,

please see the pic of a planar board I made from a design someone graciously shared with me on this forum,

They work good, but they are a little nose heavy. Over 2 mph they dive under water and flip over, then all hell breaks loose.

I'm thinking the eyebolt needs to move. Any suggestions on which direction I should move the eye bolt?

Thank in advance, .........

20190427_112751.jpg

To me it looks like the eyebolt should be moved up to the center line or above.Possibly drill three holes for the eyebolt so you can easily adjust the position and experiment to find your best running.

I have often wondered why so many homemade boards have the angular cut from top to bottom I believe you are removing the wood that would give the most pull . This area is not removed on the Offshore or Church inline boards and we shift the weight fully forward to get maximum contact of this area to the water and get the best side pull

Move the tow eye back towards the rear of the board more, even just an inch or two, and maybe higher by an inch or two as well. Also drill some small holes in the bottom of the boards towards the rear and fill them with lead. I used old sinkers. Then epoxy over the lead to seal the holes. This will make the boards sit lower in the water and “bite” more adding them to pull harder and better

‘Bout Time
Mike