Leaders

Just spooled up my new saltist with 30 pound big game for riggers and 30 pound wire for dipsy. What are you guys running for leader for each . Spoon rods , flashers and flys . Any snubbers on the dipsy. I usually run 50 pound big game leader on dipsy but didn't know if I should change that with my higher-end reels and better drags

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If talking Lake O only -  20 lb good quality fluoro leader 25 ft long for spoons on riggers in king season possibly 10-12 lb. in Spring for browns), flasher fly no leader attractor direct to wire, no snubber, 50 lb Big Game for flies (I tie my own provides a minimum amt. of stretch ). Really no wrong way to do it (e.g. length of leader etc.) mainly personal preferences....

Edited by Sk8man

All good advice... I spool up 6 set ups with 30# .... 3 have 17# fluoro spliced in for spoons... 3 have straight 30 to run paddles and flies.
Wire divers, I use a small barrel swivel and then run 2 rod lengths of 40# mono to my divers...
Keeps fleas off, and is kind of a shock absorber... It also keeps from having curly q wire when your working on your diver...

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 hours ago, Missdemeanor said:

All good advice... I spool up 6 set ups with 30# .... 3 have 17# fluoro spliced in for spoons... 3 have straight 30 to run paddles and flies.
Wire divers, I use a small barrel swivel and then run 2 rod lengths of 40# mono to my divers...
Keeps fleas off, and is kind of a shock absorber... It also keeps from having curly q wire when your working on your diver...

Sent from my VS996 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I am sure in a pinch you have used spoons on the 30lb setups as well, did you notice a serious difference in hookups compared to the 17lb???