Stony Point (Henderson Harbor)

Anyone having any luck from Stony Point and south? Where might be a good area to fish?  This will be my first time in this area.  I have fished out of Henderson along and in the trench, but never south of the point.  Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chip

Fished south of Stony this morning. Steady pick off boards and riggers. Spoons and sticks Chartreuse/ silver early, black/ silver later in the morning. Boated 16 Browns, 2 lakers and released a nice walleye and a small Atlantic.
7 -12 fow early and 14 -20 later. Riggers set at 7 feet.
Another boat caught a nice King! IMG_5276.JPGIMG_5281.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

That's was me. It was nice talking to you Kevin. We caught 2 nice Lakers (10 and 12 pounds), a 16 pound king, and 3 browns. Also caught a monster walleye that we released.
Most of our catch's came in 20-25 fow 10 ft down. Everything was a spoon bite for us. I've attached a pic of the Stingers that caught the fish for us. The one on the right caught the most fish.

Fished south of Stony this morning. Steady pick off boards and riggers. Spoons and sticks Chartreuse/ silver early, black/ silver later in the morning. Boated 16 Browns, 2 lakers and released a nice walleye and a small Atlantic.
7 -12 fow early and 14 -20 later. Riggers set at 7 feet.
Another boat caught a nice King! IMG_5276.thumb.JPG.2048df62a265d9ce69108e4922c0e7ba.JPGIMG_5281.thumb.JPG.3d3aeb5ac3270deab3eeb668bbe2f801.JPG

IMG_20190429_131655095_HDR.jpeg1556578121975.jpegIMG_20190429_104812305_HDR.jpegIMG_20190429_115437014_HDR.jpeg

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Where do you guys launch to fish that side of Henderson? We have been launching from point peninsula to get out to galloo island figure there has to be a closer state launch down that way.

Just south of the Henderson town launch on route 3 there is a NYS boat launch sign for the Stony Creek launch. It is shallow although it should be okay now for a smallish boat. It is a long run out to the lake. Make sure to stay in the channel. It is rocky. Also, you have to run a good ways out into the lake to get around a shoal if you are headed south.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/pfrstonyck.pdf

Thanks tedc54... I have been down by that launch I always thought it was just a canoe launch or Jon boats. By "smallish" size will i b able to launch a 18ft StarCraft deep v?

Yes.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when I last used it, an 18ft is fine and once you leave the narrow cattail channel go tighter to the right side of creek mouth while following/finding the channel out to the lake.

Yes. Last year it was well marked with buoys. Not sure if they are in yet though.

Water levels are high again, so the creek is good.  Follow your nav. buoys all the way out, you'll be fine.  They are small and trying to submerge due to high water, so go slow until you are well clear of shoal on right and boulders on left at mouth of creek.