An absolute blood bath this morning. Unspeakable numbers.... Lake Ontario fed us an unreal King bite, a monster class of Brown Trout, and even a couple of Coho to make things interesting. 15-18 fow with a mix of spoons and sticks. 
Blood Run Tackle Team Dreamweaver Bay Rat Lures Okuma Fishing USA Fishing - Chinook Diver-Stainless Steel Troll Fishing Divers

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

No photo description available.

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, ocean, outdoor and water

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: ocean, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, sky, outdoor, water and nature

Image may contain: outdoor and water

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, brucehookedup said:

Nice rob, i had two kings like the gills on the pic. I think gill netting for other species? Bad handling when young? Not sure.

We had three on Sunday. I have been told it is a product of the hatchery.

Since we are seeing gill plate rot with more frequency, I think as a group collectively we should consider keeping these fish and getting them out of the system. Thoughts?

My concern is they will return to the salmon river and end up back at the hatchery. The fish I have seen with the condition appear healthy and functional. I worry about the ones we don’t see that die in the system.