Copper rod backing

What are you guys using for a copper Rod backing. I ordered myself a Seagate 60 and 300 ft of copper. The Blood Run tackle copper. What should I back that with and if anybody is familiar with the Seagate how much can I put on. Can I use Albright knots for everything and do I still need shrink tube thanks

Sent from my SM-J327V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Braid. 30 lb braid.  You don't want to use anything else because it takes up the least amount of spool capacity for a give line strength, and it doesn't stretch ... the last thing you want is you line guide to get out of sync with where your line is on the spool  ... that's not a pretty thing.

I  have two seagates with 300' of 30lb copper and 700'of 50lb power pro braid for backing....

I use Albright knots for backing and flouro leader but I don't like shrink tubes I prefer a drop or two of knot glue..

Works great for me..

Be patient with copper if this is your first time using it,takes a little getting used to.Take your time letting line out and stick with one copper set up till you get comfortable with it. One feisty king can make a mess of your coppers and divers quick !!