simrad ap 24 problems

Redsicker71

i am having problems getting the computer to calibrate to the correct compass heading tried to re-calibrate but can not get the test to complete successfully.    Is there anyone that may be able to offer help or know a contact that would help. We  have already tried hank and broz, both guys are busy for a couple months.   boat is located in ontario ny and  can be trailered  if needed.   

has worked fine for the last 2 years. this year  had the kicker motor  hooked up to the hydraulic steering and now the ap wont work correctly.  possibly a rudder reference  problem but not sure how to test or know if it got out of alignment.  

Had problem with my AP24 , could not get past the dockside test and called Simrad's tech dept. and they walked me through some diagnostic tests . They were great to deal with and it ended up being a faulty computer .

Give them a try if you haven't already .

his rudder reference was hooked to the main engine and moving with the kicker.  and i tried looking around the compass for any magnetic interference objects  but nothing.