Navionics and C-map sonar recording

I purchased a Lowrance elite 9 ti that came with a C-map card and a Navionics+ card.  My question is when recording Sonar.  Can I use any SD card and then upload the info to both Navionics and C-Map?  Or do I have to have my Navionics+ card inserted into my Lowrance  to record sonar for Navionics and my C-map card inserted while recording to update to C-Map?

One thing I noticed last night.  I loaded lake erie and lake Ontario onto the navionics card. I checked the boxes for "nautical charts", "Sonar Charts" and "Community edits". I then installed it in the Lowrance. I chose the option to read "Navionics" on the finder and turned on the "Sonar Charts". I want to see the 1' contour lines. I noticed that I only get the 1' contour lines if I zoom WAY in. If I zoom out to where I'd like to be the contour lines disappear and go back to a view that is like you turned off "Sonar Charts". I'd like to be able to zoom out as far as I want and still see the 1' contour lines.

23 hours ago, wicked walleye said:

One thing I noticed last night.  I loaded lake erie and lake Ontario onto the navionics card. I checked the boxes for "nautical charts", "Sonar Charts" and "Community edits". I then installed it in the Lowrance. I chose the option to read "Navionics" on the finder and turned on the "Sonar Charts". I want to see the 1' contour lines. I noticed that I only get the 1' contour lines if I zoom WAY in. If I zoom out to where I'd like to be the contour lines disappear and go back to a view that is like you turned off "Sonar Charts". I'd like to be able to zoom out as far as I want and still see the 1' contour lines.

You won't be able; sonarcart are really meant for fishing over specific structures and to navigate you use nautical chart

On 5/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, wicked walleye said:

I purchased a Lowrance elite 9 ti that came with a C-map card and a Navionics+ card.  My question is when recording Sonar.  Can I use any SD card and then upload the info to both Navionics and C-Map?No  Or do I have to have my Navionics+ card inserted into my Lowrance  to record sonar for Navionics and my C-map card inserted while recording to update to C-Map? Yes, you need a Navionics card to be able to use sonarchart Live and for the c-map you need a blank card in youre unit.