Another Auto Pilot Question

Hookedup

I have hydrolic stearing on outboard, also have 15hp kicker both 4 strokes. I want an outopilot not the raymarine s1000, one that I can go below 2mph with. I also will have throtle control for kicker in cabin. I can use the EZ steer that I have now to conecr motors but dont need to. I have looked at the TR-1 model but am wondering if you had to steer the boat the only way you could would be with the autopilot am I wrong? I do want a remote that I can drive the boat with from the back of the boat, and throtle control would be nice but not a must. Any good advise Thanks Sean

Simrad AP14H Should do what you need with no problem at a reasonable price. I think there are a few on here that are using the hyd. model. I've installed 6 or 8 cable units, and everyone is impressed with them, including myself. But I don't have any hands on with the hyd. version.

Stix,....Huntfrisco just installed one in his new boat this summer. I believe he has the BayStar steering. He did have some fitting, adaptor hose and compass placement issues.

After solving all that the unit works pretty good.

I can help you with the installation. This is an awesome unit after going through the pains of learning to install it. The unit is generic so you have to purchase a fitting kit and an adapter for the for the sensor unit on the OB plus additional hoses. The prices vary so you need to shop. I purchased my hoses from EBAY. These extra parts will run a couple of hundred $$$$$$ The compass position is critical.

I had a Sport Pilot Plus on my previous rig and this unit puts that unit into the dark ages.

I you need advice I'll be more than happy to help. PM me ands I'll give you my phone numbers. It's much easier to talk than to type.

PS: The customer service at Simrad sucks, the help I received came from this website!