Mega Shark

Billy V

Bill. Rubberband a 1 lb drop ball on your copper where it meets the leader then let it out. Then put it 100 feet down on your rigger. :lol::lol: When you finally get the fish to the boat break the rubberband and fight it the rest of the 20 feet.(If it's still on!) I haven't run copper yet so I don't know exactly how deep it goes, but I know a 1/4 lb lead weight as described on a leadcore setup will get you down a little further so why couldn't that work? It would surely be the deepest rig and out of the way anyhow. We could call it the super secret weapon rigg. Like I said I honestly don't know that much about copper, but could it work? - Mick

They are gonna be great for you guys. Suzanne left a message a couple weeks back about them and they sounded tempting but I run Walkers and no way will they be happy with me If I ask them to pull 20lb sharks up from the bottom all day long :D They should be sweet for you guys with faster riggers though.

20lb... Starting to sounds great, even if I never fish deeper than 170 feet. Hmmm will my Scotty 1116 handle this weight, it around 9kg. It takes 7kg easy so maybe I should try the cannonballs even if I've one time swear of never using them

TH

Yes the Scottys are rated for weights up to 20 lbs.

Tim

I'm a "prylbøg" as we say over here (it means buying everything) so I sent a mail to them and get confirmed that my riggs could handle this, so some Mega Sharks are gonna be shipped over the atlantic soon to. Do you recomand to use ordinary rigg wire, or should I change to my Scotty Braided Downrigger Line?

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! When they polled us after the Oswego event, the shark people had their ear bent to what we as fisherman need. I was probably one of a long list of fellow tournament anglers who wanted a mega shark for the probe rigger. Kudos to them for listening.

Stan,

A shark weight will track really nice. If your comparing a 15lb shark to a 15lb ball then there is no comparison. The ball will give you a lot more blow back. It truly is night and day. Now I run the 15lb sharks on 250lb power pro. The power pro alone is amazing at how it helps with blow back. I have fished the 15lb shark down to 150 with no issues, but start going past that and you will see a considerable amount of blow back.

Like I told shark when he e-mailed me with this new proposal, which was supposed to be 25lbs, no-ones riggers will be able to handle that weight, and manufactures wont cover warranty claims when they happen since it is over the recommended capacity. So, he finally realized a 20lb would be just as good. Going from a 12lb shark to a 15lb shark is a night and day observation, and that's only a 3lb jump. Going from a 15 to a 20 should be twice as good as good.

Holly tuna batman $ 80.00 each. They are pround of them. Why are they so much money ?

I lose 6 to 8 balls per year dragging bottom for browns in our lakes , this could cost some money in a years time.

Most of our lakes are just canyons , they stuck a dam on. So bottoms are vary irregular.

Even fishing land locks here on Shasta Lake , I have lost a few. One min your in 350' of water next your in 35' of water in a vary short distance. One must keep a sharp eye on the fish finder at all times while down Sorry got off track here. thanks for the information

Hey guys, I'd like to chime in on this one. Last year in an article in GLA magazine Capt. Mark Chamura let the cat out of the bag on way deep trolling for kings. He was instrumental in design help with the Big John Brute ES's downriggers which can handle weights up to 25lb.s Thats right,25lbs. Capt. Mark was using 24/25lb weights made for him by Michigan Stinger. The Stinger weights are up there in price, too. I think the shark design is more streemlined and will track with less blowback, all weights being equal. 20lb./20lb.

Ed Dzenis, "The Sharkman", and I have discussed in length the need for these Mega Sharks. I really wanted him to make them in 25lb size for the Brute Es's but as you guys know the majority of the riggers made today are only rated to handle 20lbs. max. Those riggers being the new Cannon's and the Scotty electrics. I'm not sure but I think the Vectors can handle the 20lb load as well.

Capt. Mark's rigger weights were chartreuse in color. Sharkman is sending me faceted blue/chrome 20lber's for now. Blue and silver are the last 2 colors to fade out as you go deeper in the water column. Besides making noise, the facets allow the sharks to cut through the water with less bowblack. Read the article on his website with reference to the golf ball dimples. Down 250ft. or more with "o" light I want all the attention I can call to my presentations and the facets should help. I know these weights are higher priced than plain round balls, but there really is a lot work that goes into making them what they are. Material costs have come down some, but these weights have expensive stainless steel in them, too.

Sharkman has promised me that he will make 25lb Sharks in the future, once he gets the 20lber's up and running. Can't wait to go down deep after those Kings when the situation presents its self.

Ordered two of the 20lb sharks in black with dimples yesterday, 3 weeks for delivery. Those kings down 200 to 250 will now be available to me, can't wait! Customer service was outstanding. Sent an e-mail to them @ 6AM & had a done deal by 8 AM with Suzanne. She was great to work with!!!

For Stan;

Just set the shallow alarm on your fishfinder to 10 or 20 feet below your deepest rigger, & let the electronics watch the depth, so you can be safer with changing bottom depths. We have the same "canyon" situation out here with the Finger Lakes in Central NY with the bathtub shape of the bottom on five lakes up to 600' deep.