Struggling at Mexico Pt & Oswego

Figured I would post on this thread. We got skunked out of mexico point this morning. Fished west to plant 10-30 feet of water. Saw couple other boats get skunked too. Fished in front of north sandy pond last evening and did ok,, 2 for 6. Not many boats up there. Should have went back.

just got back home from my weekend trip.  Fished 6am-12.  Ended 6/7. I started right where i left off last night and got right on the fish.  80FOW in front of the plant. Riggers down 40 and 60 and dipseys runnin 120ft out on 3rd setting.  All spoons again and colors were fat nancy,sodus buckeye,and a rainbow spotted spoon.  First 20 min both riggers went screamin and lost one.  The other was a 16lb king. A few min later two dipseys fired and we finally landed a double. Two nice browns. We looked like true professionals handleing the double unlike the rookies we are on the previous mess. LoL. Another small king and two lakers followed.  Awesome trip can’t wait for next trip.  

4910539E-F083-474F-8557-DB0503BF0669.jpeg

660C305A-174A-4936-B150-566723385864.jpeg

D6708A73-CA05-4C9A-AF3E-15927925AA08.jpeg

Edited by Hachimo
  • Like 1

Yesterday only hooked up in 60FOW. Today nothin in 60 all hits in 80FOW. I fished from 20 FOW trou 100 and thats where i got em.  But everyday things change of course.   I didnt use my boards at all.  Well i tried to send one out but while letting it out it came of the mast line and went floating away.  LOL

Also it was funny.  Yesterday morning, only riggers hit. Then in the evening,only dipseys. Today, first thing two kings on riggers. Then everything else was dipseys and riggers died.  

I've had one of my best springs ever on Browns. Fished Mexico about 5 days and Stony Creek 3 days. Limits most days with some small Atlantics and nice lakers in the mix. Mostly fishing 7-12 fow early and moving out to 15-20 fow later. Mix of sticks and spoons off boards and shallow set riggers.
I would say don't be afraid to move if it's not happening. Stay out of cold clear water and move till you find good color and temp. Morning bit is often shallower and slide out if bite slows.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Hey Hachimo, I'm the guy from South Caanan that spoke to you Saturday evening at the dock.  Sounds like you had a good weekend.  We went out of Oswego Sunday morning and ended up putting some decent browns in the boat.  We didn't tangle with any kings, but the browns kept us busy.  

I read your post about riggers being hot, then suddenly dying on you but the dipsies start firing. Keep in mind that with all the boat traffic, it will make the fish shy away from the boat, hence the dipsies become more productive because they are down and out from the boat.  Lengthening the distance off the ball may help to keep the riggers firing for you when fish start to shy away due to boat traffic or high sun.  

6 hours ago, cuz said:

Hey Hachimo, I'm the guy from South Caanan that spoke to you Saturday evening at the dock.  Sounds like you had a good weekend.  We went out of Oswego Sunday morning and ended up putting some decent browns in the boat.  We didn't tangle with any kings, but the browns kept us busy.  

I read your post about riggers being hot, then suddenly dying on you but the dipsies start firing. Keep in mind that with all the boat traffic, it will make the fish shy away from the boat, hence the dipsies become more productive because they are down and out from the boat.  Lengthening the distance off the ball may help to keep the riggers firing for you when fish start to shy away due to boat traffic or high sun.  

Very true. This is only my second year fishing Lake Ontario and i realize how shy these fish can be.  I set my riggers running 50ft behind ball after they slowed down.  And this was the first time i ever used dipseys.