Lowrance HDS10

I have a Lowrance HDS10, and it seems to me that the depth graph on the side is off. For example, the depth showed 48’ and the graph on the side showed to 50’ but I had my Downrigger ball set at 21’ on the counter and I double checked the counter to make sure it was correct and it was. But the line that showed on my graph marking the ball was marked at 31’ on the graph. Has any one else had this problem before? Hopefully this makes sense.

thanks Greg

Will do, yes it is. It worked fine all last year, but the first trip this year it seems off. Also the water temp is not showing. 
Maybe you need to verify the correct ducer is selected, in settings. Also make sure "this unit" is selected vs "global" under water temp.

Looks like two separate issues. Depending on the scale you are using on the MFD , the digital depth reading could easily vary from the depth scale on the side of the graph. Try changing you max depth on the MFD  to something closer to the depth of the ball. The variance on the rigger readout could simply be  a wrong reading on the rigger's counter. As an example, when the springs which drive the counter on my BIG JON riggers get worn and weak they slip, especially if you run the rigger down fast.  Try marking the cable at various measured points and see if they match up with the rigger's counter. The same sort of thing often happens with counter fishing reels if you reel them in too fast.