Survival suits

I was looking into a survival suit, and was steered towards this Fladen suit through a dealer in the UK.

I don't know the 1st thing about this type of gear, and was wondering what you use, or recommend.

Any advise, or comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff

http://www.tacklediscounts.co.uk/Items/Item.aspx?SKU=22-846/47bg-parent&caSKU=22-846/47bg-parent&caTitle=Fladen%20Sea%20Fishing%20Flotation%20Suit%20Blue%20/%20Yellow

I recently ordered a suit from this same company. I ordered it on the 4th but have yet to get it. I will let you know how satisfied I am with this company when I get it. As for the fladen suit, Landshark has a couple of them that he has let me try and on different fishing outings: they are warm, comfortable and are rated very well for holding in body heat in near freezing water. I will say that they run very big. I have worn an XL in the past but ordered a L I am 6'1" and 220lbs. I will let you know how i fits upon arrival.

I have but you dont really need it with these suits. you can hop in them in your street clothes and be all set for a day of fishing in 30 degree weather. they are TOASTY

That sounds good to me. It looks like a good buy for the price.

I saw there was a couple different models. Which did you get?

I have the 2-piece Fladen also. I wore it today to snowblow the driveway in 19 degree weather. I couldn't wait to get back in the house & take it off because I was drenched in sweat. Extremely warm suit. I love it, but hope I never have to cold water test it's performance. ;)

just got mine today from the site posted above. the suit was ordered on the 4th and it was received on the 16th which works out to about 8 business days shipping from england. I bought mine from the UK so my exchange was from pounds. worked out to a little more than 150 US which is VERY good for these fladen suits. check the exchange rate online the day you buy it. I am 6'1" and 220lbs, I bought a large and it fits great. plenty of room for layers but I wont need them as it is very warm.

PqEsZhS.jpg

aVHjTJA.jpg

Thanks Landshark the other site was out of size M so i thought i would have to wait till next year to order one but now i should have it in a few days Thanks again

Lanshark I just went out to the sight and its got my attention. I've been looking at these for months. I'm assuming this McFaddon is insulated also?? Is my conversion correct and were looking at about $115.00 before shipping and stuff?? Also any idea what makes the Mustangs so mush more expensive??

thanks for the info ..

Well I dont know about McFaddon but The Fladen is a great suit. A very high quality life saver. If you look on page here http://www.xe.com/ucc/ you will see a conversion chart from GBP to American Dollar. That sounds about right, mine was 155 american total and that includes shipping. As far as why Mustangs are so much more expensive, I have no idea but definately not worth it. Ask Doublehaul or muskybob what they think about thier suits