New boat shakedown Braddocks 5/5

All in all a good shakedown. Waited for the fog to lift and spent three hours trolling 25 to 40 foot of water.

Boat ran well but temp alarm went off a couple times. Going to have a new impeller installed, hope that corrects it.

Went 4 for 6 on kings without much effort, that was certainly a plus!!IMG_0304.JPGIMG_0306.JPGIMG_0308.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 5

All good Ken, hoping the impeller takes care of the issue but other than that all went well. Both times it went off I hit neutral and gave it a little gas and it went right off.
Lots of fish around, very hungry and easy to catch. Looks like it will be a great year.
Amazed when we went out how many boats fished the mouth in the fog, had to be nuts, not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Had a similar issue last year with my new to me Yamaha 150 two-stroke change the impeller still got it while trolling come to find out my problem lied in what they call the poppet valve it’s only $25 $30 to have a new popet valve put in small price but it did take care of my problem where as the impeller didn’t If it were me I’d change both good luck and your whaler is looking great

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Awesome Whaler!! Great to hear all went well!! You and the boys will definitely get your new boat slimy!! Which looks like you did that already. Best of wishes to you and family!! Mike.