This was a special trip for me. Not because the fishing was great (it was okay) but because it was my sons first ever solo trip- he got up early with me, and really participated. He caught fish, helped me net, helped me release fish, and was generally a perfectly behaved kid.

We started on the shore for browns, and had decent action (7 hits) but a god awful conversion rate. We ended up boating 2 chunky browns. We worked 7-20 fow with bayrats and stinger spoons, and it was a random assortment of bright colors and natural stuff that took hits.

At 9:30 we decided to target lakers. We worked 70-85 fow and beat them up good with cowbells. At the end of the day we did well with plenty of action for my son. A great day, all in all.

The Fishin’ Physician Assistant

• Thanks 1

That should be worth a million dollars right there.  I have no kids but one day i hope i get the experience of  having my boy on the boat for kings and trout.  Awesome video as usual.  Keep em coming.  

I started taking my five year old out two years ago.  Now he’s seven and my three year old loves it as well.  I used to charter and was away from it for ten years.  When I chartered my young son at the time loved it and now he’s 18.  He still fishes all the time. It’s great when the kids get into it and want to go with you. It is an amazing experience to fish with your kids.