Recommend a Boat Cover?

Just scored a new 19' walleye boat (walk-through) and I am in need of a cover.  Boat will be stored under a lean-to on the barn.  Boat has a 150 4-stroke, a kicker and if it matters, a single-axle trailer.  Should I find a custom maker or is there something on the market that would work?  Fabric?  Features? Separate covers for the motors?  If I go the custom route, is there anything that I should look out for or ask for?  

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by VanderLaan

Under a lean to the Cabela's job will work. My cover fades in about a month but it's outside. I've had them replace it 2x. It's also not waterproof. Will keep most of the rain out but def allows the boat to get wet.

I'm gonna build something soon to keep the boat under, cause I'm sick of covering every trip

I use a classic accessories storm pro cover. My boats outside all spring summer and fall. They fade quick but hold up well. I just ordered another one. The older one is 3 seasons old, faded, but has no tears and doesn't leak. I have a 16 ft boat but use an 18 ft cover, so the cover extends over the main and the kicker. Works great.

Have one custom made with supportive material over any stress points made from acrylic material and don't look back. Mine has been on for 17 seasons and still looks brand new. Sometimes you get what you pay for and this in one of those situations:smile: To keep it well protected and waterproof use 3M Scotchguard spray on it.

Edited by Sk8man

• 2 weeks later...