Proposed Trout & Salmon Stamp

L&M

Well I'm not a NY resident,but if you'll excuse me,I'l have to whole heartedly agree with Tim B.,and Billy V. They are exactly right.It's another way for the politicians to massage more money out of your wallets,and to make it look like they are helping the sportsmen,while the whole time,it's just a sham to cover the cuts they are and will be making to the outdoor sports.

Make no mistake about it,they are "Not" your friends,and most could give a rats a-s about fishing and hunting programs.The closest most of these political creeps get to the outdoors,is wearing a flannel shirt from LL Bean,and thinking they know something about the sport.Most of them should be thrown off a boat in the middle of the lake.

I wonder if out of staters like myself,who spend many thousands of dollars in NY per year,were to write letters to the NY politicians voicing their concern,and explain how much lost revenue there would be if we stopped going,would help any?

We see the same stuff in Massachusetts,more fees,more taxes,more regulations,.For what? so all the lay abouts can be supported by the working mans tax burden.What doesn't get given away to the shiftless and lazy,just gets wasted on feel good programs,that end up benefitting only the friends and relatives of the political hacks who gave them the job.

And if i see another jerk standing in front of the supermarket holding a sign,proclaiming that he's homeless,and will work for food,I'm going to puke.I actually stopped and said to one of these guy,that i needed some help cutting up a tree,and his answer was that he couldn't because he had a bad back.Give me a break.

My friend Dwayne and I were talking about the issue today. why are just sportsman man or women penalized because we tote a gun into the woods or a fishing pole to your favorite spot?, why not a land use tax for all persons utilizing state land or waters aka "hikers bird watchers " etc. who use the resource but pay no fee to the support wild life within it. I am all for any tax / stamp that will support our wildlife but look what they did with the lottery! education my buttocks! if our kids have the grades they should be able to ride for free in the state system. Oh well.

PS. Billy V, Dwyane Finkle says hi!

ted

Sorry Greg, but IMO, that report is a biased pile of crap. The reason upstate is in a deficit condition is because downstate and it's majority in state government has created such a tax heavy, business hostile environment for the rest of us that no business in it's right mind would EVER consider moving or opening up here. Get rid of that anchor and the rest of NYS might just recover.

Tim

Sorry Greg, but IMO, that report is a biased pile of crap. The reason upstate is in a deficit condition is because downstate and it's majority in state government has created such a tax heavy, business hostile environment for the rest of us that no business in it's right mind would EVER consider moving or opening up here. Get rid of that anchor and the rest of NYS might just recover.

Tim

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

That report was written for the NYC Office of Management & Budget...NYC unions, etc. I doubt very much that the authors would have been paid for it if it said anything but what it does. It was obviously pursued as justification to lobby for more money to waste in NYC.

Did you know that the yearly pension payout for police & firemen from NYC is greater than the yearly payroll. (yes I know some will say "they put their life on the line everyday"; to which I counter: not nearly as much as do the servicemen in the Middle East....for a hell of a lot less pay/benefits and a lot more danger.)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

The NYS government is broken. They can't understand that the budget, staff & programs need to be greatly reduced & or pared down/eliminated. Their answer is always to tax us more. Any business knows how to survive by downsizing, austerity, elimination of waste, and shedding unprofitable endeavours. The political leaders will not make any cost vs benefit evaluations of their pet projects, example the linking of the Erie Canal to the NYS Thruway, what a joke, this waterway costs millions to maintain & only a handful of people use it (count on the Thruway tolls to continue to skyrocket). They could start by eliminating all of the politicians, except the Gov., minority & majority leaders because they decide everything, & no one else has any say. That alone would make a big change in the cost of government. This is a beautiful state, that is being crippled by the bone heads in NYS government. Too many give away programs!!!!! Too many benefits for people who don't work. People move into NY just to collect from the massive benefit structure/programs put in place to insure that the current leadership stays in power. Essentially, these programs insure re-election of the same machine every time. So, here we are in the toilet again, & we are facing a new round of taxes that we all cannot afford!!! Not to mention the unqualified Senators past & wanna be! The candidates I vote for rarely get elected.

Out of state sportsmen know NYS is the best deal around. Taxpayers provide trout & salmon stocking, watershed care and excellent ramp facilities. They come here get a licence cheap and fill our ramps for the same price as the people who paid taxes to build it. Let charge out of state registered boats and sportsmen more to use our facilities and resources. PLEASE don't tell me that they bring millions to the area as tourist. Or they will not come here if we do. They bring everything with them and usually leave just garbage and they are usually arrogant and disrespectfull of our facilities.

Irish Bouy,

You know I spends Tons of $$ every time I come to new york and I don't have a problem paying for the things I use.But I hate it when I'm put in with the low life losers that don't respect there surrounding and treat it like a piece of trash :@ I have been coming to new york for over 25 years.I have paid for the coast guard stickers that was to go to help what ever and never complained about it.But here you have posted only 4 times to say that you want me to pay for more stuff. I would be more than happy to if the $$ went to the places were it is suposed to go but I don't think that will ever happen.But you would still bi** about something else that we could be blamed for. I put in enough $$ back in to New York to pay for my share of use for everything.As far as being arrogant I think you have a lot of *alls to come on here and say that about us :swear: Out of state people have as much respect for your lakes as we do for our own. Are there people that don't give a Sh** you bet but you should think about what you write before you click the send Button.I will be dammed if I let people like you put the guys on this site who are out of staters on your list of ARROGANT AND DISRESPECTFULL PEOPLE. If I come across as one of your arrogant and disrespectful people it's because of your arrogant post :beer::beer::beer::beer:

Erin,first you fish here then you dump your trash now yer friend Teddy is trying to shoo his niece in our senate seat she seems so smart with that empty look and inability to answer questions like (Where is ny state?) and 4 BEERS THIS TIME OF DAY IS EXCESSIVE unless your fishing. I like the 10.00 a rod idea id put up a 100.00 bucks to fish 10 rods .Next time dont hold back

Yeah Ray your right I use to throw trash then Fish I will try to Fish then throw trash to see if I feel better about it :clap: And sorry about the niece I couldn't get Teddy to give up his soft comfy chair for the last 40000 years :lol: and next time I won't hold back

They bring everything with them and usually leave just garbage and they are usually arrogant and disrespectfull of our facilities.

I don't care if the fishermen I fish next to on Lake O are from Pennsyltuckey or Bumf**k, Egypt. They pay extra for the pleasure of being able to fish NY waters. Some of the best times last season were meeting out of state fishermen and swapping stories and information at the docks. :beer: I've never seen them leaving a mess on the water or around their docking slip. To group them all as a bunch of arrogant disrespectful slobs is totally uncalled for and definitely deserves an apology.

We ALL have to group together as one find a solution to the increased taxes we are being faced with. That starts with not flaming our neighbors, but putting our heads together to find a solution. That's the purpose of this thread. :yes:

Out of state sportsmen know NYS is the best deal around. Taxpayers provide trout & salmon stocking, watershed care and excellent ramp facilities. They come here get a licence cheap and fill our ramps for the same price as the people who paid taxes to build it. Let charge out of state registered boats and sportsmen more to use our facilities and resources. PLEASE don't tell me that they bring millions to the area as tourist. Or they will not come here if we do. They bring everything with them and usually leave just garbage and they are usually arrogant and disrespectfull of our facilities.

I agree with Musky's post above. A very inappropriate post to say the least. Irish whether you realize it or not, a good share of our member's and friend's here are from out of state as well as personal friend's and client's for those of us that charter. Over and above all If you think non resident's don't spend and contribute to NY's economy and all they do is use it and leave there trash behind, your living in a different world than we are. Nuff said before I tell you how I really feel. :@

Erbyjoe , I agree with your post and thank you for speaking up. I changed my profile some so Ray will know where I'm from...............the LOU was lost a long time ago on this thread...........too bad so many of us and not a voice to be heard togather !!!!!!!

1st I would like to apologize to all the out-of-staters for saying they should pay for the stamp. i said it out of frustration. i fish both the lakes and rivers, and i kinda thought that if this proposal would go into effect april 1st, if and when it gets approved, that many ppl would required to buy 2 stamps one now and another again in october. i just thought that alot guys who do fish both lakes and river would get screwed the 1st yr. until it gets clarify and signed, i overreacted. once again im sorry.

now for as the out of staters being rude, arrogant, and disrespectful. i dont think most of you guys are, there are a select few that are. but we also have them here in ny as well. but for every 5 good guys there is 1 a$$hole.

rabbit and ray are on to something about the pay the 10.00 for an extra rod. i would like to do something like that.

once again out-of-staters im sorry if i pissed you guys off

jason

Erin, you don't need to apologize for a thing. Those of us who have been with this site from day one know your heart and concerns regarding the very fishery we all care about. Having said that, and being from out of state myself, I feel the very same sentiment as you stated, so thanks for saving me the time to type. As far as what us out of staters leave behind, let me say this just one time, which I never wanted to mention in the first place. I am probably one of the biggest donors to the the Oak Pen Rearing projects. In that I have always felt we need to put something back into the the fishery itself. I don't say that to gloat, but I as well as Erin, Rod, Eric, and many others are simply getting tired of some of these off the wall comments by a select few. -Duane

Jason no harm done :beer: .

Chinook thanks :)

I love my fishing and will do what ever it takes to keep this fishery going.I already pay over $200 a year just for fishing licence in 5 states. I also have to pay $25 Non res. mifoil sticker in Maine. The funds go to trying to keep the spread of milfoil from getting into the lakes up there and I'm all for it. They have people set up at the boat ramps to inspect the boats as they put in and the $$ is doing what it's suposed to. So If it means paying more for a stamp in New York then I'm all for it. But it should go to the right places and not to replace highway signs or pay for donuts for a meeting :mooning: . Enough said by me on this subject. Lets hope they do the right thing and hear the voice of the fishing community.

Hank and Muskybob THANKS :)

Hey Irish,

Give me your address,the next time i come up to NY,I'll dump all my sh-t in your driveway.Are you serious?or were you just trying to rile people up?

I've been coming to New York for more than twenty five years,and I've never left any of my garbage in your lovely state.I have however left plenty of my money there,probably much more than you have contributed to the quality of the fishing in Lake Ontario.

Perhaps you problems with out of staters are caused by you just being a miserable person,because you sure showed what kind of guy you are, in your reply.