Higher Speed Depth Finder

Hello All.   I'm always messing with my electronics.   I hear some people say they can pick up fish at cruising speed.   Have any of you had any success with that.   I'm using Lowrance Gen2.   Thanks.

I have lowrance HDS9 Gen3 with airmar B150M thru hull transducer. I can track bottom at any speed and can mark suspended fish up to about 25mph in less than 50 fow all on the auto settings. Works great for walleye on Lake Erie. On Lake Ontario, the fish marks start taking up less and less screen space as the depth goes over 100fow that I lose that ability to mark fish at speed. Perhaps I could zoom the display to a fixed area from say 50 to 100 feet, but I have not tried that.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

I have a lowrance hds 7. I can't anything at all after I crank the big motor. Screen goes to nothing but noise, interference. And my engine is not even connected to the battery that powers my fish finder. The Motor is connected to it's own dedicated battery! I wish I could see fish when cruising around. Maybe if I turn the sensitivity down it will help.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 2:42 PM, garrymny said:

I have a lowrance hds 7. I can't anything at all after I crank the big motor. Screen goes to nothing but noise, interference. And my engine is not even connected to the battery that powers my fish finder. The Motor is connected to it's own dedicated battery! I wish I could see fish when cruising around. Maybe if I turn the sensitivity down it will help.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Probably not noise from the power but turbulence, air-bubbles etc... under the transducer when at speed.

Yep. I had the same thing. Dealer put my ducer on the step in front of the main motor with the bottom of the plastic even with the step. When I trolled the whole screen was green with turbulence. I lowered it so the metal bracket is even with the step and the plastic of the ducer sits just below it. Turbulence problem is gone.